Problems with being a Medjack - Newt

Newt's POV
Y/N was chosen to be a medjack. She was new to the Glade, but by far the best addition. She was kind, smart, funny, and even though she was scared, she acted confident.

When she tried out to be a Track hoe with me, she was terrible. She could barely plant something right, or she would get all muddy and the sloppers would complain.

Nonetheless, I desperately wanted Y/N yo be a Track-Hoe with me. Just spending time with her was amazing.

"Alby! Please let Y/N be a Track hoe!" I exclaim.

"No, she was shucking awful at that," Alby retaliates.

"But she will learn!" I say.

"Newt, she was much better as a medjack, and we need more of those anyway. The decision is made shank," Alby concludes patting me on the back before leaving.

I look down and fold my arms against my chest. Then Thomas and frypan come in.

"Newtie!" Frypan teases.

"Hey! What? When did that happen?" I say.

"Y/N made it up! She made them up for everyone, they're so funny! She's hilarious," they say.

"Newt why the long face?" Thomas asks.

"It's about Y/N," I say, but just as I do, Y/N walks in, but I didn't know this so I kept going, "She...she's not bloody good at any of the jobs...and we dont know what to do with her-" but before I can continue, my eyes catch Y/N's.

and we dont know what to do with her-" but before I can continue, my eyes catch Y/N's

"Y/N!" I say but all she does is stare at me like i'm the worst person in the world.

Damn she was beautiful, even when she was mad.

She stares at me, my eyes can't help but wander down her body, tracing her perfect figure.

"What are you going to do with me?" she asks me. Frypan and Thomas look down feeling bad that Y/N heard the wrong thing, and now she thinks she's worthless.

"No, Y/N, that's not what I bloody ment..." I try.

Y/N takes a step back, then she takes another, she turns and looks at the door. That's when I know what she is trying to do.

"Y/N! Wait-" I try to call for her but she has already slipped out of the door.

Before I can chase after her, I feel a hand restricting me by my shoulder. I quickly swing my head around to see Thomas giving me a sympathetic look.

"She just needs some time," he says and walks out.

TIME SKIP (2 weeks)

Y/N has continued to do her work perfectly as a Medjack. She even cured Gally's terrible attitude by something she calls a massage.

But she has also managed to avoid me at all costs. Whenever I walk into the medjack hut she ignores me and tried to act busy, if I try to talk to her she'll begin talking with a pacient.

I've tried everything. I even purposely got a splinter from the gardens so I could talk to her, but that time Jeff helped me get it out.

But I had to talk to her. 'Giving her some time' has gone long enough.

I enter the Medjack hut and my eyes search the room for her. I see her working with some slicer that cut his wrist while slicing.

She doesn't lift her head up to see me yet, but she is facing my direction.

I can't hear their conversation, but Y/N just giggled and my jaw clenches.

I look closely at them again and I notice that the neck of Y/N's loose shirt is hanging down as she bends over. I quickly look away, not wanting to disrespect her.

But when a deep chuckle comes out of the mouth of the slicer I turn again to see what they are laughing about.

He has a large smirk plastered on his face, it takes all the strength I have to not walk over there and slap it off his face. Because Y/N is directly in front of him, he is looking down her shirt, admiring the view.

"Y/N!" I shout impulsively.

She looks up and straiten her back, when she sees me, she looks down. The slicer pouts.

"I need to talk to you. Just let me explain," I plead.

Her eyes soften and she sends me a small nod, "In a minute Newt," she says and continues to work on the slicer. The smirk reappears on his face and my anger grows instantly.

I charge over to them and punch him strait there on the face.

Y/N gasps and jumps back, "Newt! Why!?" she shouts, deciding if she should aid to the boy, or if she should stay as far away from me as possible.

"He was looking down your shirt! I couldn't stand him doing that to you,"

Y/N sighs, "Did you?" she asks her patient. His face flushes crimson but he just nods.

Y/N's cheeks slightly blush as she looks at me, "thank you," she whispers, barely audible.

She takes a deep breath, then turns her attention back to the boy, "You're clear,"

"But you haven't finished taping the-"

"You're clear," she repeats, a little louder this time.

He slumps his shoulders and saunters out of the hut. Leaving Y/N and I alone.

Y/N's POV

I look back at Newt, his hair was messy today and he looked perfect. He was. He was by far the best addition to the Glade, until he said they didn't know what to do with me.

That scared me. Because things were already vulnerable for me since I was the only girl, and the fact that the person I trusted the most didn't believe in me, made me instantly fell terrible.

I tried avoiding him but it became hard when he caught on. I could tell he was sorry, but I wasn't sure I was ready to talk.

But as of right now, he just saved me from a perverted slicer, and that showed he respected me.

"Why are you here?" I ask him, finally breaking the silence since the slicer left.

"I need you to listen to me," he pauses, "I didn't mean what I said back there, that you didn't have a place. I was clearly wrong," he says, looking at me as if searching for a smile, when I don't give him one, he continues.

"The truth is...I really wanted you to be a Track-hoe, not a Medjack," he admits, looking down.

"But, why?" I ask him, totally baffled.

"Because I wanted to spend time with you. I wanted to convince everyone that you needed to be a Track-hoe. I realized that was bloody foolish, and I'm sorry," he apologizes, looking strait at me.

When I don't respond right away, his eyes fill with sadness, and seem to water right before you. You had never seen a boy cry before, ever.

He looks at you again with slightly more damp eyes, "I truly am sorry. I understand if-" Newt starts but I interrupt, "I forgive you, Newt. I feel the same way about you,"