Without Him - Newt

According to everyone, or everyone that made it, hope for life could finally be seen. When you, Thomas, Frypan, Aris, and three others. But unfortunately, your group was split in half when a WICKED plane swooped in during your journey through the scorch and captured Minho, Newt, and Teresa. We know Teresa tipped them off, but it was somewhat forgotten.

We had arrived at the safe haven.

Once we had arrived, Thomas was reunited with his mother (idk if this is true! might be conspiracy theory), Aris loves helping to find a cure with their expiraments, but all you can think about is Newt.

Newt...your love. He was perfect to you. Not only did he look perfect: with his sandy blonde hair always slightly off, his manatisms, his smile and from, his smile, the way he liked his lips, you could go on and on.

But he was also the most carding person in the world. He would never leave your side and he was slightly overprotective.

He was all you could think about ever since stupid WICKED captured him.

But being in the scorch, you couldn't turn back and retrieve him without a plan. The worst part was that you made it to the Safe Haven without him.

Nights where you would have nightmares you would feel terrible without Newt. Sometimes, Thomas tried to comfort you but you'd rather have Newt and he would rather have Teresa, but he was debating because she betrayed him.

Today, the head guy of the safe haven has asked to talk to you privately.

You creak the makeshift door open to see the long haired man waiting impatiently.

"Y/N!" he says then clears his throat, "Uh..is...hhem(clear throat) Y/n, finally your here. We have much important things to talk about," he says.

"Alright," you say a bit confused.

"Well, a letter from WICKED is sure to have everyone antsie and nervous but..." he stars but you interrupt.

"Wait. What? A letter from WICKED?" you ask.

"You didn't know?" he asks and you nod.

"Well here it is," he asks holding it out to you.

You flip it over in your hands, examining the expensive paper material, then you come to a sharp realization.

"W-why is it addressed.. to me?"

"I have no clue, that's why we need you to open it," he says.

"We?" you ask.

Then out of nowhere Thomas, Brenda, Aris, Frypan, and more authority pop up behind him.

"Open it, will you?" Thomas asks placing a hand on my shoulder.

You shrug and open the letter, you rip the top of the paper gently and let it fall to the ground. Then you pull the rest of the envelope off and push that aside. Inside is flimsy thin paper written in...Liquid Ink? Wasn't this suppose to be the future? Whatever.

"It looks like a fancy pen wrote this," you point out.

"Just read it," Frypan says.

"Alright," you shrug and your eyes trail on the page.

Y/n,
I just can't do it. Live here. Without you.
WICKED is just as terrible as being without you, only, I think about you more. Every second of every bloody day. I barely see Minho and I miss you and everyone I used to get on with. I am writing you this letter because Tomorrow, they will be taking me to 'a better life' which what we know is getting harvested. I will never see you again and that breaks my heart. But it is already broken.