Consequences - Newt

You talked back to Alby and you have to spend a night in the slammer, was your excuse.

One of Alby's followers shoves you into the slammer and closes the door, leaving you alone.

You reflect on the events that just occurred, Alby was trying to force you to tell Newt that you hate him and cut off all connection with him. Alby wanted Newt to think about anything other than you. For Alby, being his best friend in all, knew Newt and you were in love.

You snap back at him, "I can't do that to him, Alby!"

"You have to y/n!" he order.

"No! Newt doesn't deserve that," you say.

"I can't work with you! You either follow my orders, or die at the banishing!" Alby states.

"Alby, I'm not going to do that to him," you say.

"Take her to the slammer!" Alby calls to people that you didn't even know were there.

They grab your wrists and pull you to the slammer.

End of Flashback.

You sit on the ground and frown to yourself.

A few seconds later, Minho approaches the cage where you lie.

"What are ya doing in here ya shank?" Minho asks and sits down.

You frown, "Alby," you say.

He nods, "Welp, that's Alby for ya. That shank is always giving people orders," Minho says.

"Yup, can you get me out of here!" I shout a little louder than I planned.

Someone walks over. I scoot to the back wall, thinking that it's Alby to lecture me again.

Fortunately, it's Newt.

He squats down, "I heard Alby yelling at you, everything alright?" Newt asks.

"Yeah, it was nothing," you lie.

"Hm, well, I also heard my bloody name mentioned," Newt says.

"Oh..." you pause, "Alby was just...uh...listing off people who are doing good work lately," you lie.

(Newt does the hot thing he does with his lip)

"Okay, I better get to the map room," Minho says and skids off

"Love, you can tell me," Newt says.

"I'm sorry, I...Alby would banish me," you admit.

"I wouldn't let him lay a bloody finger on you. Besides, he is just threatening you," Newt says.

You look down and twiddle your thumbs.

"Now, what was Alby telling you?" Newt asks.

"Urm...well...he...he...I can't!" you shout and turn to the blank wall beside you.

Newt reaches out a hand to you through the cage, "It's alright love," he reassures.

"Okay, um, he told me to...break it off," you say.

"Break what off?" he asks.

You look down and avoid his gaze.

"Us," you say.

His eyes widen.

"I'll never ever let that happen," Newt begins.

"Your the best bloody thing that's ever happened to this place and you've gotten us closer than over to finding a way out

"Your the best bloody thing that's ever happened to this place and you've gotten us closer than over to finding a way out. And...I love you," Newt says.