Down - Thomas Sangster

Lately you have been feeling down and really sad. Your best friend Thomas Sangster invited you inside his trailer for a talk.

You sit down next to him, looking down at the floor.

"What's the matter?" Thomas asks.

You bite your lip, a habit you have when you are nervous.

You see him shuffle in his seat.

"It's so confusing Thomas," you admit

"What's confusing?" he asks innocently.

"Everything! School, work, family, money...you!" you blurt the last part.

When you realize what you said, you bite your lip and look down at your shoes.

"Love," Thomas says.

"What?" your ask.

"Is that the problem? Love?" he asks.

You nod and look up from the ground, staring into his brown orbs.

"You have such beautiful eyes," he says.

Butterflies flutter into your stomach. You don't understand how you feel. Thomas was your best friend, just that, and nothing more, or at least that's what you thought he thought.

'Thomas I love you. Do you love me?' is what I really wanted to say. But I wasn't that courageous.

"Who is it? The love?" Thomas asks, shoving your thoughts away.

"I just... I can't tell you..." you say.

"Me neither," he mumbles.

"What?" you ask, "you?" you ask shocked at the words that came out of his mouth.

"Yes, and...i'm just going to say it because if I don't now, then I know I never will," he starts.

"You can tell me," you say softly.

"Love," he says plainly, "Love. And more specifically, love for you," he admits.