Connections - Thomas Sangster

You are best friends with Ava Sangster from school. She has invited you over for dinner with her whole family. You said yes but you are still nervous.

"So, y/n, what classes do you have with Ava?" Ava's mom asks.

"Well, I have everything except math," you say.

"Oh, how so?" the Dad asks.

"Y/n is in a really smart math class, i think it's called 'Math analysis honors'? Something like that," Ava answers.

"Oh really! Thomas takes that," The mom says.

Thomas looks up, and just nods.

"And you are, a sophomore?" Thomas asks

"Yes Thomas, why are you being so shy? It's like you've never met y/n before!?" Ava says.

The room goes silent for a minute.

"I've actually never met her before," Thomas admits.

"Right, well, i'm y/n," you introduce and Thomas nods but just looks back down.

You frown, he wasn't very friendly.

*****
after dinner

You head to Ava's room, "Sorry about Thomas, he's usually a lot nicer," Ava apologizes.

"No it's alright," you say.

"We should probably get our night clothes on, i'll change in the bathroom," Ava suggests and leaves the room.

You pull off your shirt and undo your pony tail, just as you do the door bursts open to reveal Thomas.

"Ava, Mum wants-" he is cut off when he sees you.

You gasp and cover yourself with your arms.

"Bloody hell, uh, I'm so sorry!" he says and rushes over to you.

He pulls off his own shirt and then holds it out to you.

You hesitate but put it on anyway.

"I'm so sorry, love. By the way, I'm Thomas Sangster," he holds out a hand and acts like you've never met. Because you've never met this side of him.

"Thankyou," you blush and shake his hand.

"See you soon, love," he says calmly and leaves the room.

You blush madly and butterflies brew in your stomach.

Soon, Ava returns, "Hey girl! Wha-" she tries but her mouth hangs open in shock.

"What?!" You ask.

"You are wearing Thomas's shirt!" Ava exclaims.