Pick Up - Thomas Sangster

Your waiting at the pick up at your school. The weather is freezing cold and you forgot your coat.

Text:
To: Mom
From: You

You: Mom! Where are you??

Two minutes later

Mom: Sorry hun, in running late. Be there in 20

What the hell? You thought. 20 minutes!!!

You: 20 seconds?

Mom: 20 minutes.

Ughhh. 20 freaking minutes in this cold. Shuck it.

Ten minutes pass and you are shivering. Covering your arms with your hands.

Then a black car pulled up. You shrug, not your moms.

You turn away and examine the school.

So many windows. So many....

"You gonna get in love?" a male british accent says.

You turn around and see a dirty blonde haired boy with a soft smile on his face.

"Huh?" you ask.

"Well, are you just going to stand there in the bloody cold?" He asks:

"Yeah, my mom is coming in 10 minutes," you say while shivering again.

"Well, would you like me to give you a ride?" he asks.

Your first insight is YES YES HELL YES IM ABT TO DIEEEE! But then you wonder if this stranger is safe.

"Uhhh...I don't know. Your kinda a stranger and..." he cuts you off.

"Oh, oh my gosh I must seem like a total creep. Sorry to bother you love," he says and starts to prepare to hit the gas when you stop him.

"Wait," you plead, "I could really use a ride home," you say.

"Really? Alright, well..." he says and leans to open the door from the inside.

You hop in and sigh in relief at the warmth.

"Thank you," you say.

"No problem," he says.

You continue to drive down to your house.

But soon, you get so lost in the conversation that when it is broken for just a second, you realize he has stopped the car.

"Where are we?" you ask.

"Were...Oh Shit! I'm so sorry! I just drove to my house, I just got so lost in the conversation and..."

"It's alright," you say. Smiling at him because he must be having a major face palming moment.

You smile at him and he becomes reassured. He looks at you.

Your stomach kind of drops with nervousness

Your stomach kind of drops with nervousness. Then you blush.

He chuckles, "Where did you say you lived again love?"