The Ring - Thomas Sangster

Every once in a while, the riveting place we call high school turns into a mini arena.

It's always someone dumb who starts it, but almost everyone witnessed it.

A fight.

Our school is no stranger to students gathering around in a huddled circle to watch two boys fight with their hands.

But today, the fight involved someone different.

"C'mon Y/N! We're gonna miss the first bell!"! Your best friend shouts at you.

"Looks like everyone else will too," you say bitterly, as the crowd of students catches your eye.

You hated those events, but your best friend didn't.

"Ooh! Let's hurry!" she says.

You groan as she drags you to the sea of students.

You shove yourself to the center, to see the dumbasses who are about to get themselves suspended and see some jock, and the schools bad boy, Thomas Sangster.

"Thomas?" you ask to nobody in particular.

Thomas wore leather jackets, rode a motor bike, and smoke cigarettes, which you hated.

You heard that he rolled them himself, that's why he never got in trouble.

All the girls fell right to his feet, but not you. You'd rather steer clear from people like that, for all you know he could be just another fuckboy.

You roll your eyes at the pointless fight. Just as you are about to grab your friends hand and leave, the principal come charging in.

"Hey! Hey! Stop this!" he shouts pulling one of the boys on top of the other.

Since the jock was on top of Thomas at that moment, he was the one that looked the most guilty.

"Zack! My office!" he shouts, "And Mr. Sangster, go to the nurse!" he orders.

"I'm fine," Thomas groans.

"All of you! Get to class!" The principal screams.

The flood of students disapates and you turn to follow when you hear the principals loud booming voice.

"You there! Miss. Y/L/N is it?" he says.

You slowly turn.

"Yes, you. Escort Thomas to the nurses office," he says, but he means it as an order.

You stare at him blankly, "I- No. I have to get to class and-"

"You are excused. Now!" he states.

Then he leaves with the other boy and it is just you and Thomas. Staring at eachother.

Seconds later, you snap out of it and walk towards him.

He is still lying on the ground propped up by his elbows.

You hold your hand out to him, to help him up.

He takes it and you help pull him up.

"I'm fine," he mutters.

"I didn't ask," you deadpan. And let go of his hand. You start waking to the nurse but when you turn around he is not walking with you.

"I don't have all day," you inform.

"I know," he smirks.

"Ugh," you groan, "I don't see the appeal," you say.

"Of what?" he asks.

"Of you," you blurt.

At this, Thomas starts walking with you and you both head to the nurse. You keep your head down. You sort of felt bad for what you said but you couldn't let Thomas see.

"Why aren't you looking at me, beautiful?" he asks, addressing you.

Did he just... hit on you?

"Excuse me?" you say stopping your pace of walking.

"Bloody hell," he says staring at your face. He puts his hand on your cheek. You gulp down.

He caresses your cheek, then tucks a piece of hair behind your ear. All while you are frozen. No boy has ever done this to you. He was gentle.

He keeps his hand on your cheek until you end your daze and push him off.

He frowns.

"We should go," you say and begin to walk when he grabs your shoulder and turns you around.

"What's wrong with you?" he asks sharply.

"What?" you say.

He scoffs, "All the other girls fall at my feet," he starts.

You shortly laugh sarcastically.

"But you...you push me away?" he says, sort of questioning the truth.

"Seems right," you say, beginning to walk again.

Thomas puts his hand on your shoulder again.

You turn around with an annoyed expression on your face.

"So? Any explanation?" he says.

"You really need to know? Why the only girl that doesn't like you, doesn't like you?" you ask.

He furrows his eyebrows and stroaks his lip, "Yeah,"

You sigh, "I don't know. I guess...I'm not like other girls," admit and begin walking again.

This time Thomas is too taken aback to stop you.

Love struck

Love struck.