Adam took his rifle and exited the warehouse, walking out into the morning light. He saw Chara standing outside, alone, with dozens of firearms pointed at her. Adam stared at the demon with disgust. She looked like an ordinary fourteen-year-old girl, but Adam knew the true face hidden beneath her façade. The being that stood before him was a monster in every sense of the word.

The demon smiled. "Greetings, terrorists. I am Chara Dreemurr, but please, call me Chara."

Shocked beyond words, Adam continued to stare silently. How could Chara be so stupid? He didn't care how powerful she was; there was no way she could take them all on by herself. Adam considered giving the order to fire right there, but curiosity stayed his hand.

"I wish to make a deal with you," Chara said, "but first, allow me to inform you that you have absolutely no chance of defeating me in combat."

Chara was impossibly outnumbered, but she had said that with complete certainty. It didn't sound like she was bluffing; she honestly believed that Adam and his resistance fighters were no match for her. Some of the soldiers shook in intimidation, and Adam felt unnerved himself, but that was insane. He frowned irritably. "I see your victory at the courthouse has driven you mad. Look around yourself. With one word from me, we'll tear you to shreds."

Chara stroked her chin. "Hmm, curious. What makes you so certain? The Military Police has you cornered. If I didn't have the power to defeat you, then why am I standing here? Do you not think I would have left this battle to them if I were too weak? Still, if you wish to test my claims, then be my guest. Give it your best shot."

Adam felt a chill in the air, but why? Chara had clearly lost her mind. No matter what she believed, she couldn't beat them. The Military Police were behind her, but they were too far away. Once Adam ordered his forces to fire, they wouldn't be able to save her in time.

After a long pause, Chara spoke again. "Excellent. Now, on to the matter at hand. You have a lot of nerve, don't you? You wish to wipe out monsterkind, after Frisk and I fought so hard to save them. I cannot imagine anything more offensive."

Adam furrowed his brow. "What's your point?"

Chara held up her hand. "Yes, yes, it is quite simple, really. I am here to accept your surrender. Lay down your weapons, and the Military Police will take all of you into custody." Her hand clenched into a fist. "Refuse, and I shall exterminate every last terrorist here."

A wave of terror ran through the Resistance; their weapons trembled in their hands. It still sounded crazy, but Chara's actions were too bold to dismiss it completely. As she had said, why would she bluff like this? Why would the Military Police send out a single unit to fight them, unless they knew that one unit was all they needed?

Sweat dripped down Terry's forehead. "Y-you... you can't..."

Hiding his own terror, Adam scoffed at Chara. "We'll die before surrendering to a demon like you."

Chara laughed. "That sounds familiar, but I think you'll change your mind soon enough."

Adam raised his rifle. "Enough! Everyone, fire everything you have at this demon!"

The resistance fighters immediately complied, and deafening cracks echoed throughout the base as they discharged their weapons. Adam lined up his crosshairs with Chara's head and fired, smiling contentedly. Chara was finally...

0.000000001

Adam's red eyes popped wide open, refusing to believe what they were seeing. Chara simply stood still as the bullets bounced harmlessly off her body; she didn't seem to have taken any damage at all. What?! How?!