Chapter 43

(Tongue Tied by Michael Faudet)

I cannot speak the words,
that haven't already been said.
A well thumbed thesaurus,
gathering dust,
inside my head.

-
Vic's POV

I kept drifting in and out of consciousness. One second I was alone in my room, the next, Kellin was hovering above me. My first instinct was to look for my phone but I couldn't seem to find it on my bed around me. Kellin notices and reached into my pocket, pulling it out for me.

"Looking for this?" He asked, curiously. I took it out of his hand, inspecting it. I had a few worried texts from Jenna. Jenna? She texted me?

"What?" I asked out loud, groggily. I was confused, but happily so if it meant she was reaching out.

Kellin peered down at my screen. "Oh, yea, she told me to come check on you. She heard you freaked out in third period today and walked out. I was worried, so I came here."

Normally, I'd care that people were talking about me, but right now. I couldn't. I couldn't feel anything, really. I wasn't really affected.

"Vic? Are you okay?" He asked. He snapped his fingers in my face and I blinked twice, realizing I hadn't answered. "You must be tired. You can barley keep your eyes opened." He laughed. "You Can tell me what happened later."

"'M fffinee." I replied. And I was. I felt pretty good. Pretty chilled out, my head was completely blank, I almost felt like my brain wasn't in my head.

Kellin leaned down to kiss me. I kissed him back softly but he just laughed and pulled away.

"That was the sloppiest kiss you've ever given me. Do you want me to nap with you, baby?" Kellin grinned. I nodded my head, unsure if I could keep myself awake anymore.

I wasn't sure how long we had napped but I was being awakened in what seemed like only a few minutes later. Kellin took my hand in his and stood up. I lifted my head up but it felt so heavy that I just let it fall back immediately.

"Owwww!" I groaned. Kellin gave me an odd look then.

"Hey Vic, stand up for a sec." I didn't hesitate. My boyfriend telling me what to do? I need to be a good boyfriend and listen. I smiled and stood up, I felt wobbly on my feet and latched onto Kellin. If I'd let go, I'd probably fall over.

"Woah, woah, woah, that'sss a lil unstbull." I said. The floor was probably not leveled or something.

Kellin frowned. "Are you drunk? Is that why you're acting like this?"

I shook my head, wanting to shut my eyes again. "Nu, 'm jusss high ov xansss."

"Xanax? I can't hear you very well with how bad you're mumbling..."

"'M not mumvling!" I was speaking perfectly fine. "You're tha one whovv been talking zo looow."

"Okay, baby, I think you should sit down. I'm gonna get you some water." Kellin spoke, as he helped me sit on the bed. Once he left the room, I found myself staring at the wall in front of me. A few moments I heard Kellin walk in but I kept my eyes trained on the wall in front of me.

"Are you faking this? Did you really take Xanax? Who the fuck gave you Xanax?" Kellin pestered. I just nodded.

"Who gave it to you, Vic?"

"Nunyah!" I scowled. I was so drowsy I just wanted to lay back down and shut my eyes. "Iss not like am on diloodead againn."

Kellin dropped the annoyed look and frowned. "On the what?"