Chapter 19

( Untitled poem by D.LM)

Before he kisses you,                                                                                                                                                        he mutters something                                                                                                                                              about making a mistake,                                                                                                                                              but you are far too entranced                                                                                                                                             to actually hear it.

His hand is on your leg                                                                                                                                                  and even though this is the first time                                                                                                                            you've ever touched,                                                                                                                                                        it's as if he has your body memorized.                                                                                                                          

After it's over,                                                                                                                                                                           when he goes home,                                                                                                                                                    with his head hanging low,                                                                                                                                            you will know the sourest kind of bliss                                                                                                                      you've ever tasted. 

-

Vic's POV

Kellin had left school early today, which left me alone to my thoughts once lunch rolled around. Katherine was at the opposite end of the cafeteria and shooting daggers at me. It's not like I wasn't making the same face back but it was more than enough to make me lose my appetite. 

"Okay, spill it. What did she do this time?" Jenna sighed. I averted my gaze to her as she opened up her chocolate milk and took a long sip. 

"Who said she did anything?" I mumbled. I tossed around my salad as I replayed last night in my head. The thought of someone actually knowing about my feelings for Kellin- besides Jenna- had me screaming inside my head. She could literally spill her guts anytime she wants and I can't do anything to stop her. 

"Hmm, I don't know, maybe I just thought so because of the amplifying of hatred that I can feel radiating off of you today. Seriously, what did she do last night? Was the night that bad?" Jenna frowned.