Chapter 12

(New beginnings by Gertrude B. McClain)

It's only the beginning now
...a pathway yet unknown
At times the sound of other steps
...sometimes we walk alone

The best beginnings of our lives
May sometimes end in sorrow
But even on our darkest days
The sun will shine tomorrow.

So we must do our very best
Whatever life may bring
And look beyond the winter chill
To smell the breath of spring.

Into each life will always come
A time to start anew
A new beginning for each heart
As fresh as morning dew.

Although the cares of life are great
And hands are bowed so low
The storms of life will leave behind
The wonder of a rainbow.

The years will never take away
Our chance to start anew
It's only the beginning now
So dreams can still come true.

-
Vic's POV

This was it. Summer had passed...and freshman year was here. You can bet your ass I was a nervous wreck. I looked at myself in the mirror and frowned with uncertainty. What if no one wanted to be my friend? What if things isn't go well this year? Is my outfit stupid?

I was wearing some black skinny jeans, an oversized tie-dye hoodie and my trusty black SnapBack with some vans to top it all off. I sighed heavily in dissatisfaction and pulled my phone out from my pocket.

I quickly texted Kellin to see if we'd still be meeting up at the front of Sandhill high school. To be completely honest, I was nervous to see him again. During the course of the summer, we had drifted apart like I feared, and had talked less and less everyday. I just hoped that seeing each other would mean going back to normal. After a very anticipating five minutes, he answered.

Yes! Front of the school! I can't wait to see you!

I smiled, my body warming slightly and my confidence restoring momentarily. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing.

"Victor! Hurry up or I'm not taking you!" My dad's voice bellowed through m ears and I grabbed my backpack before running down the stairs.

The car ride was what felt like an eternity of me just mentally preparing myself and trying to calm down to the sounds of my dad's favorite song.

Until finally, we were parked in front of the school. I saw Kellin and he waved at me. I waved back with a grand smile on my face. He was standing next to some girl.

"You ready, kiddo?" My dad asked. I huffed and nodded up at him.

"Yea. Just nervous." I mumbled. My thumbs pressed against each other recklessly as I felt the nerves serve as bubbles in my stomach.

"You'll be fine, mijo. Have a good day." He smiled. I smiled back and waved to him as I got out of the car and eagerly made my way up to Kellin. He gave me no chance to speak before he crashed into me and nearly toppled me to the floor.

"Ah! I fucking missed you!" Kellin laughed, he took my hat off and ruffled my hair before putting it on himself.

I laughed ecstatically, taking my hat back and getting a good look at him.