Chapter 30

(I love you so by The Walters)

Everything I want, but I can't deal with all your lovers
Saying I'm the one, but it's your actions that speak louder
Giving me love when you are down and need another
I've got to get away and let you go, I've got to get over

But I love you so
I love you so
I love you so
I love you so

I'm gonna pack my things and leave you behind
This feeling's old and I know that I've made up my mind
I hope you feel what I felt when you shattered my soul
'Cause you were cruel and I'm a fool
So please let me go

-
Vic's POV (lmao, you guys are gonna love me after this chapter)

"No, no talking. Just...just kiss me."

I couldn't believe what he was saying. A part of me knew how this would end up. How it always ended up. But a bigger part of me didn't care about seeing reason, that bigger part of me just wanted him. I didn't care if I was sinning. He was worth it.

Even if just for a little while.

-Earlier that day-

"My parents are at work, we can stay here all day if you're down." Max smiled. We had finally gotten to his house. I was stoned out of my mind. This definitely beat the last time I was high. I was on another planet this time. It felt great.

"Yea, I'm down." I nodded. Max took hold of my hand, I didn't think much of it. He took us upstairs. He kicked his shoes off as we entered his room. I slipped mine off carefully and placed them next to the door as I shut it. Max threw himself on the bed in the center of the room and stretched his arms out towards me.

"Come on, V, lay with me." Max grinned. I chuckled, making my way over to him. I laid next to him but he took me by surprise when he pulled me close to his chest, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I felt my face go red. I didn't say anything.

"You hungry yet?" Max asked. I shook my head.

"This bed is really, really comfy." I spoke. Max nodded, snuggling closer.

"It's even better when you're high off dilauded. You want to try it?" Max asked.

For a split second, I really wanted to say yes. But then I thought about it, I knew it'd be a bad idea, especially if I decided to do it right now that I was already high.

"Mm, no. It's okay, I'm good." I responded. Max gave me a lazy smile, his eyes half opened.

"Mind if I shoot up?" He asked. I shook my head. He sat up, digging through his backpack and pulling out a thick, long rubber band, cut so that the ends didn't meet. Along with that, was a needle and a small vile.

"Hey, can you tie it up for me?"

I hesitated, but nodded anyway. I assumed he would just pull up his sleeve, but instead, he pulled off his shirt and threw it across the room. He stretched his arm out to me and pointed to where I should tie the rubber band.

"Make it tight, cutie." He laughed. I blushed, mumbling an 'okay' to him. Once it was tied, I saw him fill up the syringe slowly through a small hole at the top of the vile, the thin needle poking through.

"How long have you been doing this?" I asked, curious.

"About a year. I only do it occasionally though. Don't want to get addicted, you know? It's something to worry about if you start not being able to go on without it. This is the first time I've done it in about three weeks, I think. Hey, could you untie it when I tell you to?" Max spoke.