Chapter Seven

(A poem by imjust-a-girl.tumblr)

When I first met you, I didn't know

      -how I'd first fall for your laugh
and later for your sense of humor

      -how eventually we'd start skipping sleep
just to listen to each other breathe

       -how we'd get to know one another so well
it would take just a shared look to read your mind

       -how your bear hugs would become
the best remedy to my sadness

When I first met you, I didn't know how lucky I'd just become.  
-
Vic's POV

"I'm sorry I scared you yesterday..."

"It's okay. I know how bad it can get...I'm here for you. I'm just sorry I didn't answer your text. I should have come sooner-"

"No, it's not your fault. You've got your own life. You must have been doing something."

"Nothing fun." I muttered.

"What do you mean?" He asked, curious. I almost wanted to hate him for looking at me with those big eyes.

"Nothing. It's nothing. It's just a stupid thing that won't work."

He frowned slightly and moved closer to me on the carpet, before sitting up and straddling me in one quick movement. My eyes went wide and my breathing hitched. Kellin moved his face inches in front of mine. His chest hovered over me, and his arms were at the sides of my face.

"You can tell me anything." He smiled sweetly. "I won't judge."

I took in a shaky breath and glanced down at his pink lips. Jesus, help me.

"I-It's nothing." I whispered, staring at him like a deer caught in the headlights.

He squinted his eyes at me briefly before holding my face in his hands and smashing his lips to mine hard. I didn't have time to process it though, because in two seconds, he was rolling off of me and next to me on the carpet again.

"If you change your mind, I'm here. Nothing's impossible, Vic." His hand found it's way to mine, and I quickly looked at him as he tangled our fingers together. My heart was pounding against my chest like a hammer. "Anything can happen."

I nodded, slowly. His voice was so soothing, his hands were so soft, his eyes were so bright, his smile was so genuine. He was so oblivious to my attraction towards him. I wanted to move away when my hands started getting clammy, when I felt like my heart was going to explode, but when he laid his head on my chest and wrapped and arm around my middle, I was a goner. I couldn't tear myself away from his warmth. I stayed put and held him back just as tight. I pressed a kiss to the side of his head and sighed deeply, peacefully.

My hands shook as I ran them through his hair. My breathing faltered when he wiggled around and rubbed his nose against my chest.

"Your hearts beating so fast. Are you okay?" He asked.

I swallowed nervously and nodded. "Yea. Yea, I'm okay."

He nodded, satisfied with my answer, before inhaling deeply. "Hmm."

"What?" I asked, quietly. He chuckled, doing that cute thing again where he snuggled closer. I swear if he didn't stop, my heart would explode soon.

"You smell good." I didn't say anything. We stayed quiet for a few minutes. "You feel good..." He murmured. One of his pale fingers slid itself down my chest slowly.

He looked at me, and I looked right back. There were sparks dancing around in his eyes, making it hard for me to look away. He had some sort of power over me and it was like I was suddenly under some spell. This wasn't a first. All I wanted was for him to like me the way I liked him.

I wanted his heart to beat just as fast as mine did when he saw me. I wanted his hands to get just as sweaty when he held mine. I wanted his nerves to fill him up from head to toe when I stood too close. I wanted his thoughts to race and his breathing to stop when I kissed him. I wanted him to feel butterflies in his stomach when I held him. I just wanted him to feel something.

But I know he felt nothing.

"Give me a tattoo." He spoke suddenly, and then he sat up. He let go of my hand and whipped his head around to look back at me on the ground. "I've got sharpies!"

I watched as he stood up and ran to a corner of his room, where he took out a black pencil case and came back over to me. He threw the bag on the carpet and I sat up, laughing.

"Okay, I want it right here. On my leg. The whole thing." He grinned. He pulled his pants down and threw them off on his bed. I felt my face go red.

I cleared my throat and pulled out a black sharpie, nodding my head.

"What do you want?"

"I don't know. Do something wild." He stood there with his leg stretched out and his eyes peering down at me patiently. I thought about it as I bit my lip and looked away from him. That pretty fucking face.

I took the sharpie and uncapped it. I started from his ankle and dragged the sharpie to just above his knee. "There." I laughed.

"Aw, come on. A line? A line, Vic?"

"I don't know what to draw. A line suits you." I smirked. He jutted out his lip in a pout and crossed his arms.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Fine."

For a second I contemplated if I should draw a cat. I decided against it and drew a small ninja instead. Above that, I drew the earth and an alien hovering above it, holding an avocado. Next to it, I drew seven stars, and a pizza beneath them. I didn't think it was enough, so I wrote something beneath the ninja.

Jesus Christ, that's a pretty face

Now, if he didn't think my gay showed through on that one, well then, he's denser than I thought.

"I'm done!" I grinned. He grinned back at me and sat down to examine the work I did on his leg.

"Aw, that's so cute!" He laughed, pointing to the words. "Oh man, that alien though. I think he's my favorite, he's holding my favorite thing in his arms."

"Hey, I thought I was your favorite thing!" I pouted. I expected him to tease me and side with the alien, but he didn't.

"You are, but I wouldn't want him holding you. You're mine."

My cheeks reddened and went up to a million degree heat as I wiped the smile off my face. He couldn't possibly mean it the way I wanted him to. My stomach felt like dancing jello and I looked away from him quick so he wouldn't see how red my face was.

"But that pizza, right there. We can order one right now and share, yea? We'll even go outside when it's dark and eat it under the stars in my backyard. That way your whole drawing becomes real." Kellin spoke smiling.

"What about the alien and ninja? How do we make that real?" I asked, looking at him again.

"Hmm.." He thought for a few seconds. "We could wear all black and watch E.T. After eating the pizza. And while we're watching the movie, we can eat avocados. Problem solved."

I laughed, my shoulders shaking. "Yea, okay. And then I can tell you how beautiful you are." My eyes widened as the words left my mouth. "You know, t-to fit the drawing..."

"Okay. Sounds like a plan! Off we go, then!" He grinned. And then he took my hand, pulling me with him downstairs.

"Shouldn't you put some pants on?" I laughed.

He looked over his shoulder at me. "Shouldn't you take yours off?"

"What?" I gasped.

"Vic, I'm joking. I mean, you could. It's much more comfortable and moms not home. But, you know, suit yourself."

And so I took my pants off, and we did exactly what we planned to do. We made my drawing real, and I changed my mind on how I felt about pants.

I hated them.