Chapter 31

( A Poem by k.p.k. )

I never meant to depend on you, on anyone, because I promised that I would never feel this way

But now maybe I need you the way the earth needs the sun to see another day

-
Vic's POV (AHHHHHHHHH)

I had been trying to reach Kellin all day. I texted him a few times and even gave him a call. It was Saturday so it wasn't like I could see him at school or anything. I'd go to his house but there was a voice screaming at the back of my mind, that Kellin was avoiding me because he regretted what we did. I was terrified. What if this meant he didn't want to be friends anymore? I was starting to regret what we did only because I knew it'd end up having a bad consequence, but of course, my dumb in love ass couldn't stop myself. It was nearly impossible to control myself around him.

I let out a frustrated groan as I threw my pillow across the room. If he didn't want to do this anymore, he could at least tell me instead of avoid me for three days. The whole thing left a sick feeling in my stomach. I stood up from my place on the bed as I made my way over to my closet. I was supposed to meet up with Katherine today so that I could find out why she cheated on Kellin. On one hand, I was happy about it because it meant he was single now, but on the other hand, it enraged me. I know how beat up Kellin was about the whole thing and anyone who hurt Kellin would have to deal with me. Kellin didn't deserve this.

I heard my door open and turned around to see my mom. She smiled at me.

"Ooh, where are you going?" My mom asked. She sat on the bed. I pulled off the tank top I had been wearing and slipped on a black button up shirt with small rubber ducks printed all around. I fixed my hair in the mirror as I answered.

"Gonna see Katherine. Why?" I asked, turning around.

"I love that shirt! I just wanted to know where you were going, love. Is that a crime?" She laughed. I smiled at her and took a seat next to her.

"Is there anything you needed to tell me?" I asked. She nodded.

"I know you've stopped coming with us over the years, but I was hoping you'd like to come to church with us tomorrow. Your dad really wants you to start coming again but I know how busy you kids get these days, so it's up to you, mijo. You can bring your girlfriend if you'd like. I still have to meet the girl who won my little boys heart." She grinned with her arm rested on my shoulder. My heart raced at the thought of Dani meeting my parents. I know we were already getting pretty serious, but this was a whole different thing. This was big. This would make everything more real.

I frowned at the thought of hurting Dani. I didn't like thinking about her because it made me sad. It made me angry at myself knowing what a piece of shit I've been and what a piece of shit I'll continue to be. I hated myself. More than anything.

"Um...y-yea. I'd love to, uh, I'll ask her today. I'm sure she'd be thrilled."

"Things are getting pretty serious, aren't they? How long have you been dating?" My mom asked. I thought about it. Time had been running by so fast that It was hard to believe me and Dani had been together for too long.

"Almost 4 months. She's like my best friend." I smiled. She was.

"You know, when me and your dad hit four months, we were already having sex-"

"Ma, what the fuck? I don't want to hear that." I cringed. My mom just laughed for a good minute and patted my thigh.

"I'm just saying, if you need condoms, tell me and we'll go get them together."