Chapter Nine

(Don't wait By Mapei)

Don't wait 'til I... do wrong
Don't wait 'til I... Put up a fight
You won my heart
Without a question

Don't wait for life

-
Vic's POV

I had really thought after what Kellin said about us "being too close", that things would be weird for a while, awkward, even. And for a while it was, but it only lasted three days and then it was back to being two pieces of chewed up gum pressed together.

We couldn't stay away from eachother. A friendship like ours is a rare one and I'm glad that I got lucky enough with him despite my rather unbearable crush. Which, now that I mention it, is getting worse.

"Oh shit, Vic look, he has a twin!" Kellin gasped. He was sat next to me shaking my thigh to get my attention, his eyes wide and focused on the screen showing Criminal Minds.

"I know, I know!" I laughed, grinning at him. He kept his eyes on the screen while I found mine hard to pry from him. I laughed quietly to myself when his face changed from stunned to anxious. His eyes squinting and his lips slightly parting. His lips. I momentarily wondered what they'd feel like in between mine.

"Oh, he thought he could get away with it! Ha!" Kellin yelled. I jumped back, looking up at the tv screen finally, to see what he was so excited about.

One of the twins had been trying to pass as their psychotic brother.

"Do you think this happens in real life?" I asked. Kellin looked at me like I was crazy.

"Um, yea! Vic, the FBI's BAU deal with this shit all the time! Have you not been paying attention at all?"

I chuckled but didn't answer him. I was too busy admiring you to watch.

"Whatever, just watch this next episode, okay? It's insane." He spoke.

"As insane as I am about you?" I asked. He looked at me and my eyes went wide. "Um, I didn't mean to say that, I don't know what I'm saying, wow, that was weird." I laughed awkwardly.

His face that had gone pink held a flash of disappointment before he turned back to the tv and I was left confused.

"You're my best friend. I think you're amazing." I said, hoping it was enough to mend his feelings.

"Yea, you're amazing too." Kellin mumbled. I guess he was lost in the show again. He's adorable, gosh.

The episode had been dragging on and I was beginning to get bored until I got an idea. I smiled mischievously before inching close to Kellin and attacking him with tickles.

He fell on his back against the couch in a fit of laughter, his face already bright red as he struggled to get me to stop.

"Vic! St-stop! The show!" He laughed. I just laughed back and tickled him more, my hands wandering up his sides until they slipped under his shirt and he was completely losing it.

"But this Is so much better." I laughed. And within seconds, my unsuspecting self was flipped over and we fell to the floor, his hands latching into mine as he held them against the floor next to my head.

He was breathing heavily above me, and my tummy went warm, my face hot, and my mouth dry.

"Sorry." Kellin mumbled. I nodded, not saying anything. How could I with him on top of me, holding my hands? I was a puddle at this point.

"You want to order pizza?" He asked, letting go of my hands and getting off of me. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and nodded.

"Yea. Pizza sounds good."

I cursed at myself for feeling the way I did. Was there really no way for me to stop liking him? This is so hard. Being his friend had become one of my least favorite things.

He stood in the kitchen, on the phone with the pizza place.

Every sleepover has been a nightmare. Don't get me wrong, waking up to his beautiful face was a blessing, but the twisting of my stomach was terrifying. There was no way to stop how I felt. I wanted to distance myself from him but I couldn't. I liked him too much and besides, summer was almost here and I wanted to spend as much time with him as I could before he left.

"Okay, I ordered two medium cheese pizzas with black olives and mushrooms."

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Kellin who had already sat back down next to me.

He laughed looking at me. "What're you thinking about?"

You, you little bitch.

"Summer. I don't want you to leave." I answered. He frowned.

"I know...I'm sorry, mom just really wants us to have some quality time together and she thinks we both need to get away from here for a little bit. She's been so excited to see her mom and her sisters, y'know? It's been just me and her for like a year now and I think she's a little homesick." Kellin explained.

I sighed, knowing I didn't really have a say in this. "Yea, I know, I'm just really gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too, Vic. But I'll call you everyday, and then I'll be back for high school! We're going to the same one, everything will go back to how it was. It'll be over before you know it."

"You're right, I'm just freaking out, having some separation anxiety and you're not even gone yet. I just- you need to send pictures too, okay, I need to know how fun your vacation is." I laughed.

"Fuck yea, I'll send pictures. Keep you updated on every single thing." He laughed. "I'll even bring back souvenirs."

"Hmm, okay. I guess it's okay then, if I'm getting something out of it." I smirked. He hit my shoulder.

"You little shit." He laughed.

"But you promise everything will be normal when you're back? Nothing's gonna change?"

"Vic, I promise." Kellin smiled. "Nothing's gonna change."

A/N: I haven't updated anything in so long! Life's been busy, sorry! (Not like anyone's reading this anyway)

Somewhere Only We Know (boyxboy) (kellic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara