Chapter 13

(I need a friend by Teresa K. Wilson)

I need a friend who along with time can help my broken heart to mend.
I need a friend who can lend me their ears, someone who can dry my face of the many fallen tears.
I need a friend that can hold me tight, someone who won't let me go until made clear I am finally alright.
I need a friend who has once cried, someone who knows what it is like to feel that inside you have died.
I need a friend who can tell me it's okay, someone who knows I'm not crazy for feeling this way.
I need a friend who needs one too, I say this now because I hope that this someone I speak of turns out to be you.

-
(Boring chapter, filler really)
Vic's POV

I was sitting alone again. I had a feeling it would be like this all school year. I just wish I knew somebody here! Anybody! But anyone that might have been from my middle school was most likely, with my luck, at another school. I just wish Kellin was here.

"Vic?" I furrowed my eyebrows together, thinking I had mistakenly heard my name. I shook my head and kept eating away at the dull pizza served today.

"Vic! Is that you?!"

I turned around this time to see a tall blond coming my way. It was Jenna. Oh my god, it's someone I know! My prayers have been answered!

"Jenna? What the fuck, you go here?!" I grinned. I stood up and in a second, we clashed, hugging one another in excitement. She set her food down at my empty table and squealed as she sat down in the empty chair next to mine.

"I'm so glad I saw you, oh my gosh." Jenna laughed. I sat down and scooted closer to her. "I've been sitting alone these past four days. I can't believe you're here!"

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming to this school? I thought you were going to Sunrise." I asked.

"I was but I lost your number! The little paper fucking fell in a puddle and it was the last day of school and I couldn't text you." She frowned. That's unfortunate, maybe she's just as unlucky as I am.

"Here, I'll give it to you again. Give me your phone." I smiled. She pulled her phone out quickly and I typed in my number. This was nothing short of fantastic. I couldn't believe I was actually going to have a friend to eat with now. Geez, this was great. I handed her phone back once I was done typing in my number.

"How have you been? Kellin goes here too, right?" She asked, interested.

"Yea, yea. He has a few classes with me. Uh...he has a girlfriend. Her names Cassy." I spoke.

"You don't seem so happy about that. Do you like him?" She gasped.

"No, no, I don't like him! I'm not gay!" I spat automatically. Jenna put her hands up in surrender.

"Chill, I was just asking. Well, what is it then? Do you just not like her?" She popped a baby carrot into her mouth as she waited for my response.

"I don't know. I barley know her. She's really shy."

"Well, maybe you just gotta wait it out. I'm sure she'll grow on you." She smiled. "Speaking of growing, did you notice how tall I've gotten?! Ah, I'm so happy! Now I can have a short girlfriend." She laughed. She was squirming in her seat as she thought about finding a girlfriend. She's been dying for one since the sixth grade when she came out. It's nice to see someone's proud about their sexuality.

I wish I could be so open with it. It's just too risky right now. I wonder just how long it'll take me to come out. I knew I'd have to at some point but a big part of me was hoping something would happen, and I'd start to like girls. Then I wouldn't have to come out. Maybe I just needed to get another girlfriend.