Chapter 20

(Hold me love by Ry X

Veil of dawn melts in the walls
Keeps me warm
Hail in vault, pale to fault
We belong

Hold me love hold me love
So I can keep from hiding
Hold me love hold me love
So we can keep from finding me out

We wake in falls spilling them all
Peak in salt
Tonight we crawl hung in the guard
We belong

Hold me love hold me love
So I can keep from hiding
Hold me love hold me love
So we can keep from finding me out

-

(Play the song around when they're at the party)

Vic's POV

"I can't believe you two are friends." Jenna gasped. "How did it even happen? What did she do?"

I swallowed and settled for a regular answer that didn't make Katherine look like a crazy person. "We just talked it out. She wanted to get along for Kellin and I did too so we just went from there and found that we actually had some things in common."

"Wow, who woulda thought?" Jenna laughed.

I couldn't wait to tell Kellin the news; he'd be so excited about it. I wanted nothing more then for him to be happy. I walked quietly down the hallway with Jenna until she had to split to see her other friends. From there, it was nothing but a search for Kellin before the bell rang.

I searched the large hallway filled with lockers to see if he was at his, and to my dismay, he wasn't. I decided to wait by the locker for him.

I hummed a quiet tune to myself as I waited but was instead surprised by a pair of hands over my eyes.

"Guess who?" The female voice rang. I smiled, turning around.

"Hey, I thought you'd be with Kellin. Do you know where he is?" I asked.

Katherine stood in front of me, a wide smile on her face. "He said he's on his way, ahh, what do you think he's gonna say about this?" She motioned between us with her finger and pursed her lips together.

"I think he'll be excited. He's been waiting for us to get along since you two started dating."

"Yea, I know. Hey, we can start hanging out together now! All of us! And....I thought about what you said in the bathroom the other day and well...my friend Danielle has a really big crush on you. Maybe you could give it a go? Maybe she's the one to get you over Kellin!"

I felt my heart skip a beat. I can't be angry with her. As far as she knows, I'm not gay, just in love with my best friend and haven't found the right girl. She thinks she's helping. And although I knew by now that I was most certainly gay, I was keen on trying this one last time. Maybe she will be the one to break through to me, maybe I'm bisexual.

"Um, yea, sure, she's cute." I smiled, unsure. She was cute, I just wasn't attracted to her. I had no idea she had a crush on me with all the time I spent thinking about myself, I didn't actually stop to think that someone might like me. She was one of Jenna's friends and I had seen her around Katherine a few times. Maybe this could be good for me.

I jumped back as a loud squeal came from Katherine as she hit me in the arm repeatedly. I could see a confused look from Kellin in the distance as he approached.

"I'm gonna go tell Dani, ahh, she's gonna be so happy, oh my god!"

"No, wait, I'll tell her, I'll ask her on a date today at lunch." I suggested. I need to really try if I want to get anywhere. I pushed through the anxiety and nodded at Kellin as he finally made it to our spot.

"Okay, what did I just see?" Kellin grinned, his eyebrows pushed together. Katherine clung onto him within miliseconds. Her hand fitting perfectly in his. It felt like rocks were ripping through my stomach. I smiled.