Chapter 23

(Crush by Paramore)

Nothing compare to a quiet evening alone
Just the one two of us is counting on
That never happens
I guess I'm dreaming again
Let's be more than this
If you wanna play it like a game
Come on
Come on
Let's play
'Cause I'd rather waste my life pretending
Than have to forget you for one whole minute
They taped over your mouth
Scribbled out the truth with their lies
Your little spies

-
Vic's POV

"But yea, is tomorrow good? I need to tell Katherine."

I smiled down at my phone screen, Alan's messages entering my vision.

Alan: Maybe we could hang out tomorrow? And maybe we can continue our fun? I don't know, we don't have to. I know we're friends, so it's fine.

I giggled. He was so cute. He was so nice, I definitely wanted to continue-

"Vic? Who's got all your attention that you can't listen to me?"Kellin's voice interrupted my thoughts.  I looked at him startled, forgetting he was in my house.

"Um, sorry. What did you say?" I blushed red, sinking in my seat on the couch. He looked annoyed.

"Is tomorrow good for a double date? Dani's waiting on you. You haven't talked to her since you called her." Kellin glared at me.

"Tomorrow?" I thought about it. Makeout with a real live boy or go on a date to see if I'm bisexual? "Um..."

I really thought about it, biting the inside of my cheek. I sighed, disgruntled with my decision but I knew it was the right thing to do. "Yea, we can do that."

"Great! I'll tell Katherine. Anyway, who were you texting?"

"Alan."

And just when I thought he was done being annoyed, that same face, came right back.

"That ginger?" Kellin asked plainly.

"Yes." I replied. Why was he so annoyed? Was I not allowed to have other friends?

I shot a quick text to Alan explaining that I wouldn't be able to go because of my closeted straight duties.

I felt a small finger poke my side. I looked at Kellin. His face was right in front of mine, and I caught myself feeling those bubbles in my stomach, the same ones I always felt when he looked at me.

"You better move before I kiss you." I whispered with nerves. He looked shocked at what I said but I just couldn't help myself at this point. He didn't move.

He took my phone out of my hand as it vibrated, signaling that Alan had texted me again.

"Hey, give it back!" I spoke, reaching for it. He tossed it to the other side of the couch.

"Why? So you can go back to flirting with him?" Again, he was still very close to me. I frowned in confusion. Was he jealous?

Kellin stared me down with his bright blue eyes. I let out a shaky breath.

"I'm not flirting with him, I like girls. I like Dani." I insisted.

Kellin laughed. "Yea? So why haven't you made any attempt to talk to her?"

"Hey, I called her-"

"Last week, once." Kellin spat. "Admit it, you don't like her. We don't have to go on this date if you're not even going to give her a chance. We can set you up with someone else."