“April sit down” Cameron whispers in my ear guiding me towards the couch Callum and Leo were sitting on. He makes me sit down and walks out of the living room leaving us all in awkward silence.

“So…Callum….haven’t seen you in a while” Bryan said to Callum. Right, how could I forget Callum used to work for Bryan which again is very awkward for me.

“Yeah I haven’t seen you in a while as well. How’s the business going without me?”

“It’s managing. By the way your new boss isn’t a prick is he?” Bryan said while laughing. Ok I don’t how more awkward this is going to get. Placing my warm hand on my cheek I look at Leo sideways to see he had a forced smile upon his lips. He’s pissed.

“No his boss isn’t a prick because I’m his boss” Leo tells Bryan. Moving my eyes over to Bryan he looks surprised by Leo’s comment.

“Sorry for calling you a prick. So Callum you work for my ex-students boyfriend but that doesn’t explain how you know Cameron” Bryan adds in. Oh God! Why is he asking so much questions? Cameron is really going to get a blow from me; I can’t believe he would do something like that. If he was in this room right now he would know how tensed the atmosphere is right now. And poor Callum he doesn’t know what the hell is going on. He doesn’t know the fact that Bryan was also my teacher and now he is going to find out and probably be very disgusted by me.

“Ex-students? Who’s your ex-student?” Callum asked in a confused tone. Oh no, I look over at Leo who’s holding the same facial expression as mine. What do we do I mouth to him and he responds back with an I don’t know. He’s right I don’t know what to do either.

“April. I used to teach April” Bryan said. Shit just got real now.

“Wait, what?” I felt Callum’s burning gaze on the side of my face but was too scared to even look at him. This wasn’t supposed to happen, hell, Bryan wasn’t supposed to be here or even open his mouth on anything! I’m going to ruin a perfectly good relationship that I’ve started already. “But April said that you and her used to g-“

“Dinner’s ready!” Cameron screams very loudly from the kitchen interrupting Callum from finishing of his sentence. All of the tension that was within me immediately left. Thank God Callum couldn’t finish off that sentence and hopefully he forgets about it. Bryan and his girlfriend get up first and began to make their way into the kitchen.

“April?” I hear Callum ask me.

“Well I’ll see the both of you in the kitchen then” Leo quickly got up and scurried out of the kitchen as if a dog was after him. I can’t believe he just did that, he’s supposed to be backing me up!

“Callum I can explain” I say as I turn to look at his face which reflects confusing questions and answers.

“You sure can. I thought you said Bryan was your ex-boyfriend”

“He is”

“Then why did he say ex-students and why did he say that he used to teach you? What did he teach you in April?” Callum asked me. I can’t believe we are having this conversation right now! I did actually plan on telling Callum about this but not like this but I don’t want to lie to him, I have to tell him the truth, no matter what happens because a lie would just lead onto another and another.

“Callum…Bryan…he…he used to teach me. I was his student and he was my teacher. We had an illegal relationship” Callum looks at me with wide eyes and just continues staring at my face. “Callum say something” He finally recovers from his shock and stands up; I quickly get up myself and wait for him to say something.