Chapter 102

Skylars Pov

I don't know who to turn to or where to go so instead I end up on a swing at the park. Alex and Josh keep calling but I refuse to answer. The doctor asked me to go see him but I panicked and left. After what I did to Kevin I don't wanna hurt him. The reason he's there is because of me. He's in pain because I left so he did that so he wouldn't feel the pain. Now look where he is..

Alex keeps calling and I don't know what to say. He's probably mad but I can't face him..

3 pm

I'm walking out of the mall because I honestly had nowhere else to go. But I've been shopping for hours and literally bought nothing. As I get into my car I get a call from Adym.

"Hello?"

"Hey babygirl"

"Hey Adym"

"How's everything going?"

"He's breathing.. But he overdosed so he's not in the best condition i guess.."

"Are you okay? You seem sad"

"Yeah... Yeah. I'm not at the hospital right now. I'm actually at the mall. I didn't know where to go. I didn't wanna go home or really anywhere else ."

"What's going on baby? What happened?"

"A lot. I never made it in to see Kevin. The doctor asked me to go back and see him since he was asking for me. So when the doctor when to see if he's awake I took the chance and left. I can't face Kevin after what happened. He literally overdosed because of me."

"Skylar don't say that-"

"Adym It's true!! He was in pain because I left so to not feel the pain he drank bottles of Hennessey, Liquor, smoked tons of weed while taking edibles and some xanax. Adym It's because of me!! They don't even know how he survived but he did and he's still asking for me. Adym he could've died and it would've been because of me. I don't wanna see him because I don't wanna hurt him like thag again. If I do then it could be worse."

"Well you need to talk to him about the breakup just to clear the air so he doesn't think it was something he did. Maybe it'll ease the pain so he won't hurt as much."

"Adym.. I don't know.. I don't even think I can face him but I don't wanna make it seem like I'm a stuck up bitch who won't even go seen him when he nearly died because of me!!"

"Well the doctor probably told him you were there."

"Just like he probably told him I left!"

"Then go clear the air with him. If you call him it won't have much of an effect. It's better to go in person and talk to him.."

"Are you okay with that?"

"......"

"Adym? Are you okay with it?"

"Ugh yeah.. Do what you have to do babygirl. Just promise me you won't do something stupid?"

"I won't baby I love you."

"I love you too. Just make sure you're good with him but only if you feel comfortable."

"Okay"

We talk a little more before hanging up. Right after I hang up Alex calls and I answer.

"Where did you go?! Are you coming back?! Where are you?!"

"Calm down Alex"

"Skylar why'd you pull some shit like that!? His parents are on His way and he doesn't wanna see us because he wants to see you first. So hurry up and get here!!"

"Alex I'm coming. I needed time to myself and I'm sorry you don't understand that. But if you piss me off I'm leaving. Got it?"

"Okay.."

I hang up and drive back to the hospital. When I get there I begin to feel nervous. Part of me wants to hug him and apologize and ask how he's doing but the other half of me wants to yell at him and ask why he did that. I get out of the car and walk inside. Alex and Josh perk up when they see me.

"His family is about an hour away." Josh says.

"He's been asking for you over and over." Alex adds.

I nod and walk to the desk,

"Hi I'm Skylar and I'm looking for Kev-"

"I know who you are" the nurse smiles, "Kevin's been asking about you. He's been placed in a room. It's room 527. Typically we can't do visitors right now but we think that would take stress off him so go see him. But only you."

I nod, "Okay thank you."

I walk over to the elevator and make my way to his room. It takes a few minutes but I eventually make my way to his room. When I get there I see some nurses guide their machines out of his room. I bite the inside of my cheek as I knock.

I hear Kevins tired, muffled, sad voice say, "Yeah?"

Slowly I walk in and show my face. When I look up from the ground I see Kevins big smile,

"You came? But I thought you left?"

When I look at him I can see the pain in his eyes along with all the stress he's under.

"Well I'm back." I reply, trying to avoid the topic about why I left.

Kevin looks down, "I didn't think I'd see you again.. Or at least not like this. Not here."

"Well I'm here Kevin.. And I'm going back downstairs." I state while heading for the door.

I thought I could do this but not now..

"What? Why?" He asks.

I can see his heart rate going faster so I try to calm him down.

"Kevin I'll still be here waiting for you okay? I just want you to get rest alright? But we need to talk later okay?" I explain.

Kevin shuts his eyes, "I'm sorry I fucked up."

"Kevin.. Just focus on getting better okay? I promise I'll be here." I say, "Your parents are on their way."

"I don't wanna see them" Kevin mumbles, "I don't want anyone else seeing me like this."

"Kevin-"

"Please Skylar.." He pleads.

I nod, "Alright.. How do you feel?"

"Weak.. Miserable.. I got a headache.. I feel tipsy and high.." Kevin says.

I turn to leave when he stops me, "Can you please bring me my phone?"

"Kevin you need rest not your phone-"

"So I can text you? Please? I need some connection to the world." He sighs.

"You need rest." I mutter.

"But-"

"You'll be in here for another day or two if you get rest and listen to the doctors. But if you don't you'll be here longer. Just sleep and watch tv alright?" I state.

He shrugs, clearly frusturated, "Fine."

"But.. If I talk to the doctor and I'm coincidently close to your house I might get your phone." I reply, heading for the door.

"Thanks.." He tries to smile.

"Get rest Kevin." Is all I say as I leave.

To be honest Kevin's starting to worry me. I'm just briefly getting back into his life to clear things up. If he relapses and does this again I don't know what I'll do... I can't hurt him and possibly cost him His life..

Tbc..