Chapter 66

I walk upstairs with my clothes in one hand as I head upstairs.. Did Alex seriously say that?!

Kevin's home

As I'm laying on the bed scrolling through Instagram, I hear Kevin walk in. He talks to his friends for a little bit when Dante brings up the incident..

"By the way, Alex fucking embarrassed Skylar." Dante mentions.

"What happened?" Kevin asks.

"Nothing" Alex interrupts embarrassed.

"I told her the clothes were all washed so if she had anything in there they would be there. Alex was folding the clothes and he's all yeah cause this thong and bra is totally mine and embarrassed her." Dante explains.

"Really Alex?" Kevin mutters.

"I didn't mean to embarrass her!!" Alex says defensively.

I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and suddenly Kevin appears in the doorway.

"Hey lil ma" He smiles, walking over and kissing my cheek.

"Hey baby" I smile.

"I got you something." He says, handing me a bouquet of roses.

"Aww thanks babe!" I smile, smelling the roses.

Kevin sits down next to me, "You ready for breakfast?"

"Let's go" I smile.

We both walk downstairs and walk to his car. Together we decide to go to this cafe. It takes about 10 minutes to get there and as soon as we do we're greeted by paparazzi.

"What's all this for?" I ask Kevin.

"Since I got some basketball teams that want me on their team I guess some sports magazines are writing about me." He explains.

"I get it. They're just trying to help people learn more about the upcoming basketball player." I nod.

Kevin smiles, "Yeah, actually you're right."

A couple of reporters run up to me asking, "What's your name?"

"Skylar" I reply as we walk up to the door.

"Are you guys dating?" A few other reporters ask.

I corner eye Kevin who answers, "Can we maybe do this another time? Try scheduling something with me if you wanna get some questions answered 'cause right now I'm just tryna have breakfast."

The reporters continue to ask questions and take pictures.

"So is that a yes?" A reporter asks.

Kevin shrugs, "I'm sure whatever answer I give you guys you guys will just twist it into another answer."

We walk into the cafe and sit down. The waitress gives us menus so we begin to look at some food.

"Do you wanna tell them?" Kevin asks.

"What?" I ask, looking at some pancakes.

"About.. Ya know.. Us?" He mumbles in case anyone's listening.

"Do you?" I ask, "It's your career."

"You're right but you'll be affected as well.." He reasons.

"Okay.." I say, "Well I think we should wait.. Ya know? Only until our relationship gets a little bit deeper. So we're both comfortable and we're sure we're happy together."

Kevin smiles, "This is why I love you."

"What?" I chuckle while drinking some orange juice.

"You're so adorable and smart as hell yet you're chill." Kevin explains.

"I love you" I smile.

Later that week

All week I've been working on starting my YouTube channel and putting college on pause for a little bit. Also I've been hanging out with Kevin and going to his house but right now I'm finishing up editing my channel at my apartment. I reach for my phone and announce on my Instagram on my story I'm starting a youtube channel and add the link. Tons of people keep talking about Kevin and I dating but we haven't said anything. I don't know how but I already got tons of supporters. Even though Adym and I stopped dating we still follow each other on social media. Suddenly I get a notification Adym tweeted. I pull up the tweet and it says,

"I'm so done with lying, cheating, annoying ass hoes😒"

I read his tweet a few times before commenting,

"Anyone in particular?👀"

Not even a minute passes before he replies,

"They know who they are"

I roll my eyes as I go on instagram to finish up my story. Once I post on my story I set it down and think about a YouTube video to upload. Kayla knocks on my door as I'm thinking.

"Hey" she smiles.

"Hey" I smile back.

"How's everything?" She asks.

"So far so good." I reply.

"Nice.." She states, "So um... Have you.. Ya know? Um.. Talked to Adym?"

I look at Kayla with an annoying look, "No. Please don't remind me."

"You need to talk to him." She explains.

"No." I firmly state, "I won't. We've talked. What else is there to say? Nothing."

"Sky" she pleads, "Talk to him. He misses you."

"Whatever.." I say, slightly hurt.

Right when I get over Adym Kayla feels the need to bring him up like UM excuse me I don't wanna think about him. Almost everything would remind me of him and then when I finally stop myself from always thinking about him here comes Kayla telling me to talk to him.

"Okay.." Kayla sighs, "Did you talk to Nick?"

"No." I reply.

"Yeah, I know. He called and told me you're ignoring his calls. Why do you keep ignoring him?" She asks.

"Why do you care?" I mutter.

"I'm tryna help." She explains.

I sigh, "It's nothing.."

Kayla eyes me while speaking, "Okay.."

She turns to leave before I speak,

"Wait.."