Chapter 81

"Skylar move out of the way" Adym commands, "Imma solve this problem right now."

"Kevin take another fucking step and I'll break up with you right here right now!" i exclaim.

Kevin freezes and looks at me, "Ma don't-"

I turn and glare at Adym, "And you Adym, take another step and I swear to god we'll never talk again. I don't care if you know Nick I'll never talk to you again."

The boys glare at each other when Nick and Sawyer run outside.

"Where the hell were you?!" I exclaim.

"What's going on?" Sawyer asks.

"Okay lets calm down." Nick says, getting between the boys.

Adym and Nick start yelling at each other as Nick gets me out of the way.

"He thinks he can fuck around with my girlfriend and I'm tired of his shit! He needs to back off!!" Kevin exclaims.

"No I'm tired of your bullshit!! Just fucking leave her alone!! YOU DON'T DESERVE HER!!" Adym yells, "Skylar you don't need him!"

"Fuck outta here with all that shit!!" Kevin states.

Tears begin to form in my eyes as I panic. Nick pushes Kevin back and blocks him from Adym while Sawyer pulls Adym away. The whole time I sit on the grass with my knees to my chest. I don't know why but if I get really angry and can't do anything I feel like crying and I'm deadass fighting tears right now.

I hear Nick talk to Kevin, "Bro what the fucks your problem? I know you're mad at Adym but pulling some shit like this won't solve it. I don't care whats going on but if you love my little cousin you better treat her like a queen and respect her. She told you to stop and you need to fucking stop. If you really love her then you wouldn't be fighting over her like she's a trophy or some toy, you'd be protecting her. I shouldn't have to remind you again, let alone even be talking to you about this! If I have to talk to you again I'll beat your ass. Am I clear?"

"You don't even know the shit going on in my life." Kevin mutters.

Nick looks hard at Kevin, "What's your last name?"

"James." Kevin replies.

"You go to UCLA right?" He asks.

Kevin nods, "Why? What the hell does this have to do with it?"

"I coach football at UCLA. I know the basketball coach and I hear you got some professional teams watching you huh?" He says.

Kevin shrugs, "I'm benched right now for grades."

"I heard." Nick replies, "But I could have you benched for good."

Kevin scoffs, "Sure."

"I can. Ya know how? Because if I ever catch you fighting him or anyone I can talk to your coach and the college. You're pretty popular so a lot of people know who you are. Cameras follow you every where you go. You realize if you get into even one or two fights all the colleges will know right? As soon as they hear that they may not want you on a professional team. I mean have you seen cousins? He has a mouth and loves to fight and argue. He's been traded a few times but if it wasn't for his skills he wouldn't be a professional." Nick explains.

"Well I got skills so they'll want me." Kevin says.

"Are you really sure about that? There's tons of professional basketball players out there who play better than you. Besides, You have to get back on the court to prove yourself." Nick says sharply.

Kevin doesn't answer him as he sits there stunned.

"Yeah that's what I thought. So before you let your ego take over you should really think about what that will do to your future." Nick says.

I turn to the other side of the yard where Adym and Sawyer are talking.

"Hey just calm down alright? What happened?" Sawyer asks.

"He doesn't deserve her." Adym huffs.

"Look thats between Sky and Kevin alright? You can't do much about it okay?" Sawyer says, "You know that Adym. It's her choice as to whether or not she keeps him."

"I can't just sit here and let shit happen!!" Adym exclaims.

I feel tears roll down my cheek as I listen to Kevin and Nicks conversation.

"Do you think you're a good boyfriend?" Nick asks.

Kevin shakes his head, "I've been a dick these past few days.."

Nick nods, "I hope you're happy, you made her cry. You need to fix that before I do."

Kevin sighs and nods. Sawyer and Adym stop talking and turn to watch Kevin and Nick as they walk over to me. The boys all watch me as I sit on the grass. Kevin walks up to me and hold out his hand,

"Come here ma. I'm sorry."

I look at his hands and roll my eyes as I wipe my tears and get up on my own, "Don't Kevin."

"Can I talk to you?" Nick asks.

Nick pulls me aside, "Are you okay?"

I shrug as I look down.

"Look I talked to him and hopefully got some sense into his head. Do you need me to go home with you?" Nick questions.

I shake my head and mumble,"It's fine.. Thanks Nick."

Nick sighs and wraps his arms around me in a hug. Tears begin to flow down my cheek as we hug. After the hug I walk over to Kevin,

"Let's go."

He sighs as I hand Nick the paperwork he needed and walk to the car. As we get in the car I feel Adym's eyes on me. I start the car and drive in silence.

"Look Ma-"

"KEVIN JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I yell.

Tbc..