Chapter 85

"Mom I really gotta go.. Can we talk later? Maybe over coffee or something?" I ask.

"Our flight back leaves around 5 tonight. You have less than 4 and a half hours to explain yourself. Don't think I'm leaving without a response." She says sternly.

I nod and rush around to grab my purse.

"So what exactlt are you leaving for?" She asks.

"It's a buisness emergency. I've been so wrapped up in things I forgot about something." I reply.

"Whats that something?" She presses.

"A meeting." I lie.

She nods slightly, "For what buisness?"

"Oh.." I mumble, grabbing my keys and heading for the door, "Just um.. A..."

I slowly drown out mt sentence before saying goodbye and leaving the apartment. As I leave I almost burst into a sprint as I try to get there as quick as I can.

After modeling// 2:30 pm

I leave the building and head straight to my car. My phone begins to buzz so I grab it and see a text from my mom, Kevin and Adym.

Mom: Let me know when you're done. We can meet at Mimi's cafe by your appartment.

Kevin: Hey ma how're you feeling? I miss so so mf much and I promise imma treat you better and try not to get as stressed out.. I miss being with you and seeing you.. I just wanna check on you.. Ik ur prolly still mad but I'm omw to class and I've been thinking about you all day.. Ily ma❤

Adym: Hey Sky.. Ik ur mad and ik ur prolly not gonna answer this but I just wanna check on you.. Ik you weren't in the best state when you left and I'm just worried about u..

After a few minutes I decide to quickly text my mom and Adym back.

Sky and moms texts

Sky: I just finished.. I'm on my way.

Sky and Adym's text

Sky: I'm fine.. Thx ig for being concerned..

I start my car and begin driving to Mimi's. As I think about my day I can't help but wonder about Kayla. Where'd she even go last night? It takes about 15 minutes to get to the cafe but once I do I don't wanna go inside. Finally, I take a deep breath and walk into the cafe. My parents wave at me as I walk in and by the look on my moms face I know she's pissed.

I slide into the booth across from my parents as they watch me intently. An awkward silence lingers over us as my mom thinks about her wording.

Finally, my mom begins to speak, "So Sky since you've been so busy, tell me what you've been-"

She's interrupted by the waitress who walks over. Thank god she came over just in time.

"Hi my names Melanie and I'll be your waitress today. Are we ready to order?" She smiles.

We place our orders and to be honest, I don't even know if I can eat because I'm ao nervous. Once Melanie leaves my mom turns back to me while my dad just looks around.

"So back to what I was saying.. What have you been busy with exactly? Ya know we've heard some things about you.." She says sternly.

"So whats that supposed to mean?" I ask, suddenly annoyed.

"We've heard you've been hanging around a lot of boys and getting involved in drama and I'm confused as to why it's happening. We never raised you like that." My mom huffs.

"A lot of boys? Sure.." I roll my eyes.

"Yeah not only is Kevin involved but also some youtuber named Ricco.." My mom says, "Whats going on with that?"

"We're simply collaborating" I lie.

"I don't approve." My mom states.

"Mom I'm not tryna be rude but I never asked for your approval or wanted it. I wanna do my own thing. It's not way back then where you have to ask for approval like when grandpa and grandma were younger." I explain.

She sighs, "When did you become so difficult? What happened to college? We're not paying for college anymore. Why not? Did you drop out? We thought you were gonna be a lawyer!"

"No you wanted me to be a lawyer. I didn't want to. I made my choice and my choice is to finish college in a few years." I reply.

"That wasn't the plan!" My mom states angrily.

"What plan?!" I exclaim.

"Thats it!" My mom sighs, putting her hands on the table, "You're moving back home!"

"What!?" I question.

"You're moving back home and getting your head back on straight because clearly you lost sight of your future here in LA. So pack your bags after lunch because you're coming home with us. We leave in less than 3 hours." She explains.

Tbc..