Chapter 39

Recap

We park the car and i open the door stepping out...... 

End of recap

Skylars Pov

Stepping out the car, I meet my biological aunt's eyes. She glares at me before turning away and walking off. Whats her problem??? Like if you hate me, okay I don't care but if you got a problem with me, then I'm right here come talk to me. We walk into the building and of course, my family doesn't dress nice, just the family I came with actually chose to dress up. They all show up in jeans and a shirt. As we walk over to a seat, I notice everyone's eyes on me. What's the problem, never seen a girl in a dress with makeup?! Sometimes, I really don't know what to do with my family... I look around, expecting to see my mom, I don't know what she looks like but we have to look alike right? Scanning the room, I don't see my sister or my mom....Maybe they're late? Word is, my mom and sister don't talk.. Apparently, my sister wants nothing to do with her. There's so much drama between my siblings and my biological parents, yet I don't know about it. It's my family to, can't I know?! No One tells me anything..

After funeral

Standing up, I scan the crowd once again and I still don't see my mom or sister so, I get in line to hug everyone. As I approach my biological aunt to hug her, she turns her head and acts like she didn't see me. Whatever, i get out of line and walk outside to the car.. Wow, I can't believe my mom, she wont even show up for her aunts funeral!! My aunt did everything for her and her sisters and everyone else yet she won't show up!! My aunt took care of me when my mom and dad were unfit to care for me, they don't even say thank you!! She did everything for my sister as well!! After about an hour, my family comes out and I can tell my grandpa is tired. We get in the car and my grandma announces we're going back home because grandpa is tired and if something happens, we're not close to a hospital.

5 hours later

I check my phone and realize i got cell service again. Reading Kayla's text, i find out Adym and Kayla are in Sacramento?! What for?! What is Kayla doing with Adym?! Did he ask her out?? They can't date I love him!! Wait, what am I saying? He's dating some other girl..... 

Almost home (I give up on the hours...)

Ronnie and Kaylas text

Ronnie: hey, I just talked 2 Sky and they're on their way home

Kayla: Rlly? Great! Can we come to visit tomorrow? i know everyones gonna be tired

Ronnie: Sure

Skylars Pov

We get home and I immediately shower, eat and go to bed.

Next day

Skylars pov

It's around 11:30 and I'm laying on my bed thinking when I hear a knock on the door. I hear my grandpa stand up and walk to the front door. It's probably some family friends or something.. These past few days have been really hard... 

grandpas Pov

I walk to the door and answer it, "Hello?"

Is that kayla? But who's the young man next to her? Kayla smiles, "Hi grandpa"

She still calls me grandpa, that's so sweet, "hi Kayla, how are you? What are you doing here?"

Kayla: Oh, we came to say hi and talk to Skylar

Grandpa: but you live with her....

Kayla laughs, "yeah, but we just came to see how she is..We heard the news..."