Chapter 61

"I dunno Kevin" I snap, "You're the one trying to "solve" my problems but all you're doing is making it worse!!"

"What did I do?" He asks innocently.

"You had to be a typical boy and fuck up everything!! You just had to let your pride get in the way so you wouldn't back down and You're tryna be like superman when you aren't!!" I exclaim.

"Well when he learns how to respect a girl then I'll stop. But we both know you can do better." Kevin states.

"Just like we both know you like me? Yeah, thats probably why you're saying that." I mutter.

"Okay that has nothing to do with it" Kevin says defensively, "But still, he disrespected you by not believing his girlfriend."

I roll my eyes, "That's not called disrespect that's just called being a dumb ass. And what do you know about respect? You were a dick growing up."

"Call it what you want but either way he fucked up." Kevin says.

Silence fills the air as we sit in the car. I face the window as we drive, honestly I'm not in the mood right now..

Kevin speaks up, adding, "And I wasn't a dick growing up..."

I turn and face Kevin, "Really? You weren't a dick? You were so fucking rude to people and you had a bitchy attitude!! You acted like you're so cool but you were just another boy in a big group of boys!! So what you had a big group of friends?! You were so self centered and busy being a dick to people with your annoying attitude that you never stopped to realise no girl had a crush on you as soon as they realised your personality!!"

"That was in middle school." Kevin says defensively, "And besides if I was such a dick then why'd you say yes when I asked you out?!

"Thats what I've been trying to figure out." I mutter.

"That was a while ago. I could've changed. I'm trying to." He explains.

" So?" I exclaim.

"People change" he mutters.

"Yeah well people say that but don't always mean it." I say sharply.

"Whatever.." He mumbles.

I face the window once again as we pull up to the college. He parks the car and helps me out. As he opens the door he holds out his hand.

"Come on princess" he mutters, annoyed.

I ignore his hand and get out on my own. He shrugs and mumbles to himself,

"Whatever.. At least one of us are trying."

I turn and face him, "Excuse me?"

"Nothing.." He sighs.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask annoyed.

"I dunno" he shrugs, locking the car, "Maybe it means at least one of us are trying to change!!"

"Oh so I'm a dick now?!" I exclaim.

"No you hust have that sassy attitude." He explains.

"Mhm" I say as we walk off.

"See!!" He exclaims.

"What?!" I look at him.

"You're so fucking sassy!!" He points out.

"At least it's better than being a dick because being a dick isn't exactly found attractive." I say as we walk to the gym.

"And sassy is?" He says while fixing his grip on his duffel bag.

"Yeah in some ways it actually is." I state.

We walk into the gym and immediately all eyes are on us. The guys look me up and down while smirking as we walk towards them.

"You're 5 minutes late!!" Couch exclaims.

"Yeah I'm sorry.. I lost track of time and-"

"No excuses, get dressed and when we take a break you'll run some extra drills." The coach instructs.

Kevin nods and heads to the locker room.

"We'll talk about why you were late later." The coach adds.

Once Kevin leaves I sit down and go on my phone while the other players continue to stare. Coach blows his whistle which makes the boys glance at him before looking back at me.

"Okay boys keep your tongue in your mouth and your dick in your pants and get out here and continue your drills!! I told you guys just to get a drink of water and sit for about 5 minutes. We've been sitting here for 15! Get over here now!!" He exclaims while the guys get up and walk over to their positions.

The guys begin running their drills when Kevin walks out.

"What're you doing?!" The coach mutters.

"What?" Kevin asks.

"STOP WALKING AND GET OVER HERE AND RUN WITH YOUR TEAM!" The coach yells.

Kevin rolls his eyes and runs to catch up with his team.

"Oh I'm sorry was I being to mean? Did you wanna walk? I'm so sorry I got a time schedule and it's all my fault you were late. I'm soooo sorry." The coach says sarcastically.

I notice Kevin run harder as he begins to get agitated. 45 minutes pass as the boys go through drills and practice. The whole time I've been thinking about our argument..

"Take a break" the coach announces, frustrated, "Except you Kevin. Get some water and do 10 extra minutes of line runs. You know the drill, if you run it at or past 30 seconds it doesn't count and you do it again. I want at least 13 line runs. Get it done."

The boys all come and sit down while the couch runs to his office.

"Damn what's up with him?" Kevin asks.

"He got in an argument with another college coach and he's been pissed all day" Alex explains.

Kevin glances at me and we make eye contact for a second before looking away.

The coach walks out as Kevin continues to run.

After Practice

I walk up to the coach while the boys are getting changed.

"Hey" I say.

He looks at me, "Who are you?"

"Skylar Gomez.. Um I just wanted to say I'm sorry Kevin was late It's my fault. He picked me up and I made him late." I explain.

"It's fine. These boys need to learn to own up to things and take responsibility.." The coach says, walking off.

Kevins Pov

As I change into my shirt all the guys talk about is Skylar.

"So are you dating her?" Josh asks.

"No." I reply.

"Sureeee" Dante laughs.

"Bro she's fine as fuck and she's nice. If she can deal with the fame that you're gonna get when the pro's pick you up then you better keep her around." Alex says.

"Yeah.. We'll see." I reply.

We all get dressed and leave the locker room. As we leave I hear the coach yell,

"James, get over here! Gonzalez you too."

Tbc...