Chapter 69

Next morning

I wake up at 8:30 and see the note Kevin left me letting me know he had class and then practice afterwards. Getting out of bed, I remember I have my interview to go to. I jump out of bed and quickly look for my clothes. Grabbing my clothes, I put them back on and call an uber. As I stumble down the stairs I see my Uber arrive. Finally I get my shoes on and take the uber to my apartment. On the way I text Kevin to let him know I left.

Sky: Hey bb I had to call an uber back to my apartment. I have to take care of something real quick but if you're down to hang out later we can.

Kevin: Okay Ily lil ma be safe. I miss you so fucking much.. I'll talk to you later

Sky: ❤❤

As I finish texting Kevin, the uber pulls up to the apartment so I pay him and go to the apartment. Once I walk in I quickly shower and get dressed before doing my makeup.

 Once I walk in I quickly shower and get dressed before doing my makeup

As I walk out of my room I almost run into Kayla

"Hey" she smiles, "Hows Kevin?"

"Good" I reply, rushing out of the room and to the door.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"I have an interview." I explain.

"For what?" She questions.

"Update Magazine." I inform her while walking out of the apartment, "Bye."

As I walk downstairs I check the time and it says 9:26 am. Quickly I hurry to my car and type in the directions to the interview

At the interview

I walk in and let the receptionist know I'm here. Ten minuted pass before I'm called for my interview. Makeup artists run over me to touch up my makeup a little bit before we start the interview.

"Hi my names Samantha. We talked yesterday. Sorry it's such late notice, we're usually on top of this but I was trying to do some research on you for questions that I forgot to ask you first." She explains.

"Okay, Nice to meet you Samantha." I smile, "So um.. How does this work?"

"Is this your first interview?" She asks.

I nod, "Yeah."

"Congratulations!!" She says excitedly, "Okay follow me and sit in this chair and I'll sit across from you. It's pretty easy. So basically it's like we're just having a normal conversation. I ask some questions, you answer and just talk about things really."

"Cool. Sounds pretty easy." I smile.

They announce they're gonna record so we set up. Honestly, I'm pretty nervous.

"Hey everyone! It's Samantha here with Update Magazine! So today we're here interviewing Skylar Gomez. So Skylar how are you feeling?" She asks as if it was a normal conversation.

"I'm feeling pretty good right now.. Actually I'm a little nervous.." I giggle, nervous.

She smiles, "Don't be. So why don't you tell us a little bit about you?"

20 minutes later

"And if you guys would like to learn more about Skylar take a look at our latest magazine where we talk more about her interview and life!" She smiles, "Oh! Skylar I've been meaning to ask you something big, something everyone's been wanting to know..."

Here it comes....

"Are you and Kevin James the upcoming basketball player dating?" She asks.

I smile, trying to lie, "Well it's pretty complicated. We're really good friends ya know? I've known him for the longest time and he's just a really good friend. I mean I know there's a lot of rumors but is it so wrong to have a friend of the opposite gender?"

Samantha nods, "That's very true Skylar. Well we've also seen you talking to a YouTuber called Ricco. Is there anything going on between you two? Any connections between the two guys?"

I shake my head, "No. Like I said is it so wrong to have friends of the opposite genders? And before anyone twists what I say, I have friends that are boys and I have friends that are girls. But people love twisting things into something they're not so I'm not surprised they see me commenting on a boy's social media page."

After the interview

As I leave the building and walk to my car my phone rings and it's Adym. I might as well answer it..

"Hello?"

"Hey Sky.." Adym mumbles into the phone, "Can we talk?"

"Um.. Now?" I ask.

"Can you meet me at Starbucks in 30 minutes?" He questions.

I sigh, part of me wants to meet him but the other part of me doesn't..

"Fine. Meet you at the one by my apartment in an hour." I say.

"Thanks, see you there." He replies.

I reach my car and drive to Starbucks. As I get out of my car I see his familiar face.. Here goes nothing..

Tbc...