Chapter 29

Recap

 I ignore Adym and turn my attention to the road. I go home and sit on my bed. I don't know what to do about Adym. I love him, but I don't wanna get to close to him incase I get hurt again. What do I do?  

End of recap

Next Day

I wake up and get out of bed, walking into the kitchen. As I'm making breakfast, I hear some clothes being thrown around in Kayla's room. Peeking in there, I see someone in sweatpants and a grey sweatshirt on bending over, with their back to me. Quickly yet quietly, I run about behind the person and jump on the, taking them down.  

I begin hitting them until I hear, "OWWW SKYLAR!!!"

Ignoring them, I reach for their arm to pin them down when I suddenly see a bracelet that looks just like the one Kayla and I got each other when we were 7 and 9. 

Skylar: KAYLA?!

Kayla: YES!!! NOW GET OFF ME!!!

I get off Kayla and she jumps up taking off her sweatshirt, revealing her wavy/straight black hair, "What's your problem??"

Skylar: Me?! you're not supposed to be home for another few days!! I got up and got stuff out to make breakfast when I heard noises coming from your room!! And up until now, I was home alone

Kayla looks at me questioningly, "Well, I just got home. When we were talking, you seemed different so I knew something was up, so I left early this morning."

Kayla walks past me, towards my room, "Besides" Kayla stops in front of my door, "You seem suspicious..."

Kayla turns around and looks in my room and is apparently surprised to see nothing, "Oh. Where's Adym?"

I look at Kayla, "What do you mean? He's not here."

Kayla walks around my room expecting to see Adym, "Oh ya know, I just thought he would come over while I'm gone... I came all the way back home because I could tell by the way you texted me, something's up. So what's going on?"

Kayla looks at me, searching my eyes for an answer, I bite my lip, "Nothing. I'm fine, I don't know what you were thinking, but everything's good."

Kayla raises an eyebrow, "Alright then.. I'll make breakfast for us, if it's okay with you."

"Go ahead." I say sitting on my bed, checking my phone.

Going on Instagram, I consider DMing Adym.. What would I say? I told him I'm out of his life.. I wanna dm him but what do I say? 

After about fifteen minutes of typing and retyping things to say, Kayla walks in and I jump, "Hey"

Kayla eyes me suspiciously and I respond, "Hey..."

I give Kayla an awkward smile and she looks at me, "Breakfast is ready"

Putting my phone down I look at Kayla, "Okay, thank you"

After breakfast we do the dishes and Kayla steps onto the balcony to make a call.

Kayla's Pov

I know something's up with Skylar. I know I didn't come back home just to have Skylar say shes fine. Somethings up..When I was texting her, something was up. I get on my phone, and dial Nick's number. Nick answers and I take a deep breath, trying not to do something stupid.

Nick: Hello?

Kayla: Hey Nick

Nick: Hey, Kayla whats up?