Chapter 40

Recap

  Adym smiles, looking down at me, "Skylar, I'm sorry. I've put you through so much when you got your own things going on in life.. I don't know how you feel about being friends but...... 

End of recap

"Can we go back to what we used to be? We weren't just friends, but we weren't dating. We just..clicked.. I don't really know what to call it but I liked it that way.."

Uhm..What did we have? I don't know what to call it either.. "Sure."

Adym continues, "I really like you and at some point I wanna date you. But, I know you have some trust issues and it's probably gonna take some time to get back to where we were before everything happened. I just want you to know, I'll wait as long as I have to, I just really miss you. It doesn't matter if we're dating or anything, I just want things to go back to normal at the least."

You don't know how long I've waited for that so be said, "Thank you for understanding, that's really sweet."

Silence fills the air, but it's not an awkward kind of silence. It's more of a comfortable silence. Where everything's okay, nothing making it weird. When I first met him, it was the best day of my life. Whenever it was silent, it wasn't weird or awkward, it was a comfortable silence where you just live in the moment and enjoy what you have while you have it. Being with Adym, I learned a few things. I learned to treasure things while you have it, you never know when you may lose it. Also, never let yourself become distant between that one person who you can always stand to be with, that person who keeps you sain. That, and not everything in life sucks.

I look at Adym, "How long are you staying?"

He runs his fingers through his hair, "I don't know.. What about you?"

Wait, when am I leaving? I feel like everything's been turned around.. Usually I would be mad but Adym has a way of making things alright.. "I was thinking tomorrow morning?"

"How early? Maybe we can leave the same time?" He says.

I laugh remembering he doesn't usually get up this early, "I'm thinking 7:00? It's a weekday so we gotta leave early because there's a lot of people leaving for work. It gets busier as the morning goes on."

Adym looks at me trying to figure out if I'm serious or not, "Seriously?"

" Yeah." I say.

Yawning, Adym says, "Wanna ride with me? I know you have your car but can Kayla drive your car?"

Kayla would be fine driving, right? "I'll ask her and if she's fine with it, I'll go with you"

We stand up and walk into the house. As soon as we walk in, my grandma looks at Adym and I and says, "Hi! Adym right?"

He gives my grandma his million dollar smile, "Yes Ma'am"

My grandma smiles and looks at me. What?! Did Kayla tell her anything?! Welp,prepare for the judging and the assuming.

2 hours later/ After Dinner/ Kayla and Adym left

After the dishes, I say thank you and shower and head to bed. 

Next morning / 6:30 am

Skylar and Kayla's texts

Sky: U up?

Kayla: Yeah, you picking me up first?

Sky: Yeah, then you're gonna drop me off with Adym

Kayla: lmao is he even up rn?