She, she made sense... n-no, no! Jacob couldn't listen to her. She killed Felicia.

But, Jacob failed to find words, and Elizabeth continued. "I am well-aware that monsters are no different from us. They're not monsters in the sense that they are mindless beasts. They have families, lovers, interests, aspirations, everything that makes you human. How many of them are someone else's Felicia? You are willing to kill thousands of Felicia's. Why should yours be any different?"

Jacob froze, every word Elizabeth spoke was like ice. He wanted to refute her, tell her she was wrong. How could she treat Felicia so coldly? How could she expect Jacob to treat her like anyone else? Felicia wasn't just anyone. She was his sister; she was family. She deserved special treatment!

... did she?

The more Jacob thought about it, the more his doubts spread. Elizabeth always had a way of getting inside his head, making him question himself. He felt like a child again, being taught by his superior elders how to behave.

"Everyone is counting on you," Mother said. "You have a duty to protect your people. I know it hurts, but remember that I'm counting on you as well."

Mother... had a point. How could Jacob be willing to take so many lives, and not expect to give anything in return? The monsters had to die, and if they stood in the way, humans had to die too. He could not discriminate. All threats to humanity had to be dealt with, and if Felicia was a threat, she was no exception.

But, did she really...?

With the last of his will, Jacob spoke in a hoarse whisper. "Did she really have to die?"

Mother nodded. "I wouldn't have done it otherwise. Had I not dealt with her while I had the chance, she would have been even worse than Frisk. Left unchecked, she likely would have won support of the Government, and she would have destroyed the Barrier legally, unlike Frisk who took it down without Government sanctions. If Felicia had her way, sending the monsters back would have been next to impossible."

Right, she was right. If Jacob could become President, then there was no doubt that Felicia could have done it. World Masters had the potential to alter the course of history. Felicia's heart was in the right place, but she had to be stopped.

Jacob came to his conclusion; he couldn't justify siding with Felicia or Mother. If he sided with Felicia, he was betraying his people, his Mother, and his honor as a President. But, if he sided with Mother, he was betraying Felicia, as well as his honor as a human being. Damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

Jacob felt as if he were being torn in half. What did he do? He had to make a choice, but neither option was acceptable.

Mother sensed his distress, understanding exactly how he felt. "I know, Jacob," she gently said. "You can't choose between us. You never could. However, there is a way. There's a way you can avoid betraying either of us. Once monsterkind is destroyed, Felicia will be harmless. We will find a way to separate her from that demon, and she will be free."

Mother... was willing to spare Felicia...? Yes, yes! Once all the monsters were dead, there would be no reason to kill her! If Jacob wanted to guarantee Felicia's safety, he had to send monsters back Underground, where he could purge them once and for all. Those monsters were to blame for all of this. Jacob would end them gladly.

A fire burned passionately in Mother's blue eyes. "I have a plan. If all goes well, the monsters will be sent back home today, and anyone who gets in the way – human or monster – will be eliminated."

Today? It was all going to end today? "How is that possible?" Jacob incredulously asked.

"As we speak, Frisk's power is being neutralized. Luckily, we've found a suitable host for the job."