Chapter 20 - Twins

Start from the beginning

“Can I join you Ojou” Haru had stepped in front of me which took me by surprise. I looked up and thought how tall he was.

“Do as you like” I mumbled and we both hopped on the bus and had jumped off together. It felt awkward on the bus because there were a lot of girls trying to talk to him.

And when we got off, I saw a lot of them glance at him as we walked up the tiny hill. I was sure they were jealous, but I couldn’t explain that there was more than what meets the eye. But there was no use in arguing with people who don’t listen, at that moment I had really missed Marie.

My eyes fell on a boy in the other entrance towards the middle section. And I knew who it was and I wondered if it was that girl. I saw the look on Holden’s face pure joy as he chatted with the girl with the long blonde hair, shimmering in the day like woven gold. She was pretty, but she was not original and deep down I had thought they would consider someone very different.

I noticed Haru staring at me, I gulped did he think I wanted to jump in and do something. I worried I was getting jittery, would he tell Hunter what I would do? Considering the Cassie case, I don’t want any other involvement.

“Do you know her Haru” I asked and he looked towards the twin and the girl.

“No Ojou” he replied and I nodded and headed off to class.

It was a long first period along with a lot of work to do. I was exhausted even more now, so I had decided to walk into the library for a few minutes to check some books out to read. Because it was a huge library, I was surprised to notice my encounters with the twins this time Haydn. I was sure something was wrong today or I was hallucinating, I walked towards him but I had suddenly collided with something.

I looked down to see a girl, her hair was burgundy slightly messy. I had noticed her grey eyes turn to me in surprise. I was shocked too for a second, I wasn’t sure what to say.

“I’m so sorry” I replied and helped pick up her books, her jumper was a bit too big on her and her skirt was slightly unpolished.

She really reminded me of me, before I had gone to Hunters household. I dressed a bit similar to that. But now that I had to show my presentation, I wasn’t sure what to say to her.

“No it was my fault I wasn’t looking” she mumbled, her voice was a soft mellow tone, which was very sweet. She was really shy I saw her blush and saw her gaze move towards Haydn, and It didn’t take me long to know what was wrong.

“It’s ok, were you looking at that boy perhaps” I asked looking at her reaction was amusing I laughed.

“No” she replied quickly and blushed, that I wasn’t sure how to believe her.

“It’s alright, I wasn’t going to tell anyone” I replied and handed her the last book she smiled shyly and looked across, I was sad to see that she liked someone like the twin especially now, considering they both liked the same girl.

“I’m sorry, I must seem so weird to you” she replied moving her hair away from her face.

“No, I just find it nice to be able to talk to someone right now” I laughed and she giggled too.

“Thank you again” she said “It was the boy I was looking at, so It was my fault to bump into you” she admitted I smiled.

“Is it Haydn?” I said and peered at the boy in front of us, flirting with the same blonde girl.

“Ah you are right! How do you know?” The girl stammered shocked.

“I –" I stopped what do I say? I looked at the girl who was waiting should I tell the truth? “I am a distant relative of his” which wasn’t a lie of course.