(All I've Ever Needed)

Start from the beginning

“Please listen to me” He pleaded to me.

“Ok” I manage to mutter out surprising the both of us at the same time. He slowly released his hand from my arm making me miss the warmth which is coming off from him earlier on.

“You know stuff which I need to figure out……who are you?” He asks me. I look at him confused. What does he mean by who am I?

“I’m April. April” I say. He sighs and takes a few steps closer towards me.

“I know your name, but what’s your full name” He says.

“April Keira Lily” I tell him. He sighs again and runs a hand through his hair.

“I don’t know why but that name clicks and so does your face. It’s like whenever I hear your name coming from Cameron’s mouth my mind starts to go crazy” He said looking a little helpless and lost.

“Look…..Mr Benson…..I don’t know what you’re trying to figure out. I was nothing more than a student” I say as my voice breaks down a little as I said the last few words.

“No…no…it’s more than that” He tells me well more to himself. I take this as my opportunity and escape his presence as it hurts me to be around him for long. I don’t think he’s noticed me walk away otherwise he would be running after me again….just like I did for him. “April!” I hear him scream once I’ve nearly reached the doors, without even turning around I run towards the doors and go into the building before he could even catch up with me. Looking down at the coffee and cappuccino in my hands I notice that it isn’t warm in my hands anymore. It’s gone cold! I don’t exactly want to go back down now. Going towards the lifts I get in and press the floor I want to go to. Once the door closes a tear leaks from my eye as I cry out loud because of everything that is going on. All I’m doing is crying over the same reason, but what else can I do? The door to the elevator’s open revealing Leo and Mr Cooper standing; there were having a conversation. Leo looks over at me and takes in my presence.

“Woah April” He said coming towards me. He stands in front of me as he puts his hands on my arms. “April what happened?” He asked quickly. I let out another sob and just cry without even answering his question. “Cal take hold of this” Leo said to Mr Cooper who immediately came and took the coffee and cappuccino out of my hands. I wrap my arms around Leo and cry more into his chest. “Come on let’s get you inside” Leo surrounds me in his comfort as he leads me out of the elevator into his office. “Come here” He tells me as he makes me sit down in a nearby chair.

“Oh my god what happened?!” I hear Daila scream out as I see her make her way over to me as well. She took my hands in hers and kneeled down onto the floor.

“I don’t know” Leo said to her as he kneels down onto the floor himself in front of me. I look into his worrying eyes and cry even more. “Daila please get me a tissue” Leo told her. Daila immediately got up and rushed away to get some tissue.

“L…leo” I manage to mutter out through some heavy breaths.

“Yes April?” He asks calmly.

“I……I saw him” I say. Leo looks confused and takes hold of my hands in his ice ones which were once in Daila’s warm ones.

“Who? Who did you see?” He asks.

“Bryan…..I saw Bryan…..and he remembers me a bit….but….I can’t tell him who I was, otherwise.....it’ll kill him” I say.

“I’ve got the tissue!” Daila screams from the other end of the room. She gives the tissue to Leo who hands it to me so I can wipe my tears. I place the tissue on my cheek and wipe away the fresh fallen tears that came out of my eyes.

“Um….Daila if you don’t mind can you go to your office and just hold all my phone calls just for now” Leo asked her.

“Yes sir” Daila replied. She gave me a side hug and rushed out of the room shutting the door behind her as I could hear it.

“Ok April….what exactly happened? How did you see him anyway and how did you stir up a conversation?” Leo asked pleading with me.

“I….I saw him at Costa when I was about to leave and I saw him. He said he wanted to have a conversation with me and wouldn’t let me leave until he got a few words out of my mouth….so….I agreed. He told me that whenever he heard my name something just clicked and he just doesn’t know why and the fact that he remembers everyone but me” I say while leaning back in the chair. Leo seemed very relaxed by my answer as he just stood up and faced away from me.

“And then what happened?” He asked without looking at me.

“I walked away and he called me but I just ignored him. What else was I supposed to do? As desperate as I was I couldn’t and it hurt to see him like that. It hurt” My voice broke at the end as I looked away from Leo’s back. Leo looked back at me and dragged a chair sitting down on it next to me.

“April I’m proud of you….you did the right thing” Leo tells me with a sad smile on his face. “I wish it wouldn’t be so hard for you, but Bryan Benson needs to learn that he can’t always get what he wants” Leo tells me.

“Wait” I hear someone say from behind me. I turn around to see Mr Cooper standing there looking confused. “Did you just say Bryan Benson?” He asked looking at Leo.

“Yeah, why?” Leo responded back.

“Because I used to work for him” Mr Cooper responded back. Wait….what? What does he mean that he used to work for him?

“But I thought he was a teacher” Leo said to himself confused. Oh wait….dad used to work for Bryan because he had a company and was a teacher at the same time. Mr Cooper probably knows my dad.

“Did you know someone called Jenson who worked in your company?” I asked him. His blue eyes directed on to me making me gulp and feel all hot and bothered. What am I thinking right now? Just moments ago I was in tears and now I’m craving for my bosses best friend.

“Yeah, he was Bryan’s personal assistant and a very nice man” He tells me.

“That was my dad” I reply back to him. He looks at me in shock and just keeps his eyes concentrated on my face making me feel very nervous and sweaty.

“I can see it now. You look like him…..and you used to go out with my boss…that’s a very weird surprise for me” He says with a small chuckle. Now I can’t believe I’m falling for my bosses’ best friend who was my ex-boyfriend’s  ex boss. What is going on?