Chapter 72

SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT BUT SCHOOL IS OVER AND UPDATES WILL BE ALMOST EVERYDAY SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME :)

Luke’s POV

After a stressful week of attacks from Bri because of her hormones, it was nice to finally relax, well, for the most part. I was currently at my mother’s house awaiting the news on America.

She invited Bri and I over for dinner tonight, as she made her decision about America. I’m assuming because she invited Bri, that she decided I can go, but I didn’t want to get my hopes up.

Bri was in the kitchen helping my mom finish dinner while I sat in the living room alone. I probably should’ve gotten up and helped, but I was so anxious and nervous about what she decided.

“Luke, dinner’s ready,” Bri called. My stomach dropped because I knew within a few minutes our fate for the next few weeks would be revealed. I didn’t even care that I didn’t eat anything all day, I just wanted to get this over with so I could either start packing or start sulking. Hopefully, I’d be packing and heading to the US in two days with Bri.

I got up and met the two of them at the kitchen table, which was covered in all kinds of pastas and a whole tray of meatballs.

“Why’d you guys make so much? It’s only the three of us,” I asked as I sat down across from Bri.

“You didn’t eat all day and I know pasta is your favorite, so we made loads,” Bri answered.

“I’m not trying to rush it or anything, but mom, I need to know. There is no way any of this food is being eaten while I wait,” I blurted. I took a deep breath and awaited my mom’s reaction. It needed to be said.

“Luke, I know that you’ve worked very hard at the restaurant these past few weeks with no pay and I know that you’ve managed to keep your grades very high so far,” she praised.

“And…?” I rushed her.

“Luke,” Bri scolded me as she lightly slapped my arm.

“With all the money I was able to save with you being on financial aid and a bunch of scholarships, I decided that you can go,” she announced. My body was filled with a mixture of embarrassment and happiness. I really didn’t want Bri to know that the only way I was able to afford this school was because of my scholarships and financial aid thanks to us being a one-income household.

“Thank you so much, we’ll bring you back tons of presents,” Bri smiled. She turned to hug me tightly and I could barely hug her back. Of course I was happy that I was able to go and I knew that Bri was hiding her thoughts on what my mom really revealed, but I knew she was going to talk to me about it later, and I was definitely not looking forward to it.

However, I put on a smile and acted as if I was elated without a care in the world as I shoveled spoonful after spoonful of pasta onto my plate.

Bri’s POV

I didn’t know whether to completely drop what Liz had said and leave Luke alone about it, or if I should let him know that he shouldn’t have to hide that from me. I could tell he was embarrassed and upset due to his reaction to the good news and I knew that’s why he didn’t tell me in the first place and I’m not mad over him hiding that from me. I’m just a little upset that after all this time he still thinks that I would judge him for not being able to afford the school on his own.

I knew that he wouldn’t want to talk about it, but I also knew that I had to make sure that he was aware that I would never look at him differently because of it.

I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind and spent the rest of the evening enjoying the food and the company of my boyfriend and his mother.

*

We left pretty late, but we were still wide awake when we got back to the apartment.

“I can’t believe you’re coming! I’m ten times more excited now,” I smiled up at him.

“I can’t believe it either,” he smiled back before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

“We should celebrate,” I said before I even thought about it.

“How so?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I don’t know…” I said slowly, starting to think about how that must’ve sounded, not that I had a problem with that at all.

“I’ve got a couple ideas,” Luke winked before picking me up bridal style and carrying me to our room.

His hand found my chin, tilting my face to him. My mouth parted slightly before he even had his lips against my skin. A hand came up to move some of my hair back from obscuring my face. He pulled away breathless and stumbled back slightly until he lost his footing and fell on the bed, grabbing my hips to steady himself.  He pulled me closer to him after we removed both our shirts. His hands returned back to my body, one arm wrapped around my back tugging down at the waistband of my pants, his lips attached to the exposed skin, nipping and sucking until my knees give in and he fell against the bed with me. He crawled backwards, sitting up as I crawled forward, my knees on either side of him.

I bent down, a soft kiss pressed to his jaw, another by his chin, then his throat, and to the middle of his chest. He bit his lip. His hands slid down my hips and he gripped my thighs tightly and I jolted against him with a loud moan and a curse escaping my mouth before an intake of breath from him at my sudden movement.

I liked the way it sounded so I moved my hips again, wanting to hear it again.

“Fuck,” he said, breathless. He flipped us over, him now on top. I gasped.

“Luke…” I moaned.

He reached a hand up, sliding along the curve of my back, fiddling with the clasp of my bra before successfully unhooking it. His hands cup my breasts and I can’t help the strangled sound of his name slipping from my mouth. His hands slide along my back, thumbs stroking down my sides and my hands move to his hair, gripping it and pulling him closer to my body. He moaned a deep, rough, and throaty sound and I move my hips again in that same wave like motion that had him over the edge.

*

I HOPE IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT, BUT PROBABLY NOT I SUCK I KNOW, I LOVE YOU ALL THOUGH SO SO MUCH AND EVEN THOUGH I DONT RESPOND TO EVERY SINGLE COMMENT ANYMORE I STILL READ THEM ALL I SWEAR! 

Twitter: @sillystringluke