Chapter 6

Sorry this is kind of short, but i wanted to update before school starts tomorrow.

Michael’s dorm was across from ours, so he ran over and the two of them made me explain everything, though even I wasn’t quite sure what happened.

“So what’s gunna happen from here?” Michael asked.

I shrugged. “I’m not sure to be completely honest. I don’t think anything.”

“You’re wrong, people don’t have a kiss like that for no reason,” Kristina fought.

“She’s right,” Michael agreed. “Luke isn’t really the type to kiss a girl for the hell of it.”

“I’m going to go to sleep, I’m exhausted,” I told them, done with the conversation.

“It’s only five,” Michael said.

“I’m aware,” I sassed.

He raised his hands in defense and I laughed before crawling under my covers and drifting off to sleep.

*

I woke up on my own, but it was three in the morning. I guess that’s what happens when you go to sleep that early…

I decided to quietly change into gym shorts and a sports bra so I could go on a run. I grabbed my headphones and left.

The entire run, I listened to Ron Pope and Secondhand Serenade, blocking out everything around me. It was weird seeing campus almost empty; it’s usually as crowded as New York City.

I closed my eyes for a minute to just enjoy the cool morning breeze, but unfortunately, I collided with someone, knocking me right onto my butt.

“Sorry,” I quickly mumbled, grabbing my headphones and phone off the ground.

“Bri?” Luke asked. I didn’t even realize it was him.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have closed my eyes,” I laughed.

“It’s fine, my eyes were open and I still didn’t even see you,” he frowned and extended a hand out to help me up.

I grabbed his hand and he effortlessly pulled me up off the ground. He didn’t let go once I was standing upright, and we were locked in a gaze.

He pressed his lips to mine, making the feeling in my stomach appear once again. This time, he deepened the kiss the moment he got the chance. He let go of my hand and wrapped one arm around my waist and used his free hand to cup my cheek. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

I’m not really sure how long we were there for, but when we finally pulled away, the sun was in the sky and we were both panting.

He flashed me the biggest smile and I smiled back because I was truly happy.

An awkward silence grew between us so I said the first thing that came to my mind.

“Why are you up so early?” I asked, making him laugh.

“I had a lot on my mind and I couldn’t sleep, so I came out to run,” he explained. “How about you?”

“I went to sleep at five, so I woke up really early. I couldn’t fall back asleep so I came out to run as well,” I smiled.

“Well I’m glad I saw you, set my mind at ease,” he said.

“Me too.”