Chapter 20

Bri’s POV

Luke’s silent treatment only lasted a few minutes. It was funny to watch him goof around with his family. I wish my family was more like that, loving and warm.

The next day I went to sign up for driver’s education classes so I’d be able to take my road test when the money came in the mail.

I was really excited, I loved having the freedom of being able to drive wherever, whenever, and that was taken away from me once I got here, and I couldn’t wait to get it back.

Luke picked me up and we drove around all day, just exploring the town and singing along to the radio.

Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade started playing and Luke and I looked at each other immediately. This is the song I was listening to when we met.

“What a coincidence,” Luke smiled.

“That’s so weird,” I shook my head, trying to hide my happiness. This song brought the memory back; he was so mysterious, so intriguing. As soon as I saw him I couldn’t help but blush, he’s obviously a good looking guy.

Everything about him drew me in, and it still does, making me realize, I don’t know very much about him at all, but I can’t wait to find out.

Luke’s POV

I kept looking back and forth between the road, and Bri. I loved how she was deep in thought but still managed to mouth the words to the song.

I remember the first time I saw her…

I rushed up to Kristina’s dorm to get her jacket that she had left behind. As I walked down the hall, getting closer and closer to her room, I heard Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade. One of my favorites.

“This is not what I intended, I always swore to you I'd never fall apart,” I sung, causing the girl on one of the two beds to jump in surprise.

“Who are you?” she asked, pausing the music.

“Luke, I didn’t mean to intrude, Kristina asked me to run up here and get her jacket for her,” I explained, taking in her beauty. She was stunning, her blonde hair was curled and loosely fell a bit below her shoulders, and her blue eyes that were even brighter than mine.

“It’s fine, you just scared me a little bit,” she admitted, blushing.

“I noticed,” I laughed. “I love that song, it’s amazing.”

“You do?” she asked, sounding shocked.

“Yeah, Secondhand Serenade is pretty good. Anyway, I probably should get going. Nice to meet you... uh, I didn’t catch your name,” I scratched the back of my neck. Boy, this was awkward.

“Bri,” she smiled shyly.

“See you around Bri,” I winked, walking out of the room. I wish I was more confident around girls, but when you meet a beautiful girl with an amazing taste in music, how else was I supposed to act?

I looked back at Bri and found myself smiling. I don’t know how I managed to get her to be my girlfriend, but I’m so thankful.

Before I knew it, the sun was long gone and we were parked in a random parking lot, not wanting the day to end.

“Why does the weekend have to go by so quickly?” Bri asked rhetorically, looking out the sunroof.

“I hate it, we barely have anytime to live, and by the time we do, our youth is gone,” I said sadly.

“That’s so true,” she agreed, laughing. “It’s already midnight.”

Not believing her, I grabbed my phone from the cupholder in between our seats and looked for myself, seeing she was right.

“Fuck,” I cussed, starting the engine.

“I’m never going to be able to get up tomorrow,” she groaned.

“Sorry babe,” I said honestly.

“It’s not your fault,” she smiled.

I drove her back to the dorm and then drove myself home.

I walked through the lobby slowly, I was exhausted.

“Where have you been all night?” a voice startled me as I clicked the button to bring the elevator down.

I turned around to find Aleisha.

“Why are you here?” I sighed.

“Well I came here a few hours ago to see you, but you weren’t here,” she said, smirking,

“I had plans with Bri, not you. Aleisha, you need to stop with these games,” I practically begged.

“Luke, I’m not playing any games,” she shook her head.

“You’re not fooling anyone,” I was growing more and more irritated.

“I’m not going down without a fight, Luke. We need each other, can’t you see? Remember when we-“

“It’s over Aleisha. Yeah, we had some really good times, but what you did is unforgiveable and I’ve moved on. Except that and stop trying to sabotage things with Bri,” I spat, getting in the elevator, and clicking the ‘close doors’ button.

“I haven’t even started yet,” she laughed evilly as the doors closed between us.

Comment what you think about Aleisha coming back and what you think she's going to do! 

Please vote!