Chapter 27

Bri’s POV

After my walk from class to the dorm, I found a small package in my mailbox. I tore it open immediately, not caring that I was still in the hallway. Finally, my money had arrived.

All week last week, I went to car dealerships with Ashton and Luke, them wanting to help me with the negotiating and prices, since I still wasn’t great at the conversion between their currency, and the one in the United States. I had my eye on a beautiful used car that could pass as brand new.

I know that Luke is busy at his mom’s diner today, so I called up Ashton and asked if he could take me to the dealership to pay for my car and finally bring it home.

At last, no more depending on everyone else to help me get to where I had to go, and no more walking to and from work when no one was around.

*

I followed Ashton’s car the whole way back to campus in my own car; finally.

When we were both parked in the student lot, I ran out to him, hugged and thanked him for helping me get my car.

“Be safe, remember our rules, not America’s,” he said.

“I know, I know,” I laughed.

“It’s a nice car,” he complimented, looking over my shoulder at my new baby.

“Thanks,” I smiled.

“Hungry?” he asked.

“Extremely,” I answered.

“Want to go to dinner?” he asked and I eagerly nodded. I could really use a burger right now.

“Can we go to a diner?” I asked, really craving my burger.

“To see Luke, hmm?” he teased.

“Not that diner specifically,” I shook my head. “I just want a burger.”

I put on my best puppy-dog face and luckily it worked.

“You’re driving,” he told me, and I was perfectly okay with that.

Luke’s POV

It’s been a very long day. My mom’s waiter quit on her during his shift, so she called me and asked me to help out until she found a replacement. Unfortunite for me, he was working the entire day.

“Can I go home yet?” I whined.

“Almost, just one more table and you should be good. Thank you so much honey,” my mom said, working the kitchen.

I groaned and headed over to the tables I was covering. My whole mood changed the moment I saw my customers.

“What’re you doing here?” I asked, walking up to Ashton and Bri.

“Stealing your girl,” Ashton teased.

I scowled playfully at him before kissing Bri hello.

“Let me guess… you want a burger?” I asked Bri. Every time we went to a restaurant, she ordered a burger. I loved how she liked the simple things, not because I didn’t want to spend a lot for her to get steak or something, but because she didn’t mind having fast food or pizza on the couch as long as we were together.

She nodded, a smile growing on her face.

Ashton cleared his throat, breaking the gaze between Bri and I.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

“Yeah, actually, I’ll have a burger too,” Ashton said, sticking his tongue out at me.

Bri grabbed their menus and handed them to me. I put them back and told my mom their orders, and told her to hurry with them.

I sat down with them since they were my last table.

“Do you need me to drive you home?” my mom asked, ready to leave. I had her drive me here since I didn’t have much gas left in my car.

“Can you drive me back?” I asked Ashton and he shook his head no.

“I can’t, I didn’t drive here,” he said.

“You got your car?” I asked Bri.

“Yeah, the second my money came, Ash drove me to the dealership,” she smiled happily.

“That’s great,” I praised her and hugged her. “So can you drive me back?”

“Yeah,” she answered loud enough for my mom to hear so she could leave.

Sorry this chapter sucks :/ I need fillers because I have big plans coming soon! :)

Vote and comment please :)