Chapter 35

Bri’s POV

We spent the night like always, eating and watching movies. I had a ton of fun before I went to sleep, and yes I wouldn’t have wanted to do anything else my last night here, but it’s going to make saying goodbye so much harder.

When I felt myself wake, I kept my eyes closed and used ever fiber in my being to try and go back to sleep. Waking up meant leaving, and I certainly didn’t want to leave.

It was no use, I tried and tried but could not fall back asleep, when I finally opened my eyes, and everyone was gone. I sat up and looked around, but there was nobody around. How could they all leave me on my last day?

I began to cry, realizing that they all went to class, as I should be too, but of course I have the devil for a mother and she has to ruin my life.

I guess they didn’t realize that I would have to leave before classes were over, so I called up Daisy and grabbed my bags and waited down in my old lounge until she arrived.

She met me inside so she could help me carry all my stuff.

“I don’t want you to go,” she pouted, her eyes watering.

“I don’t either,” I copied her facial expression before pulling her into a bone crushing hug. I felt her body shake as she began to cry, making me cry as well.

“I know we didn’t really talk much outside of work, but I really am going to miss you,” she sobbed into my shoulder.

“I’m going to miss you too, and the rest of the staff. Hell, I’m going to miss this continent,” I said, making me realize that I would be going back home, all the way on the other side of the world.

“Where’s your boyfriend and all your friends?” Matt asked. I forgot he was coming.

“They left for class before I woke up, I guess they thought they would be back in time to say goodbye,” I shrugged, wiping the tears off my face.

“Assholes,” he joked, trying to lighten my spirit. “Do I get a hug?”

“Of course,” I smiled, opening my arms wide for him to come and hug me.

Even though we had a bump in the road, I still loved him, like a brother. He’s always there to make me laugh at work after a customer has been rude to me or I’m extremely bored. He’s an amazing guy and I wish we could’ve had a longer period to become close, because he’s that best guy friend that every girl dreams about.

“You ready?” Daisy asked.

“Not really, but I don’t have a choice,” I sighed and followed her and Matt out to the car, dragging one of my suitcases behind me.

Luke’s POV

I stared at the clock the entire day. I can’t believe I let them convince me to go to class. When she wakes up, she’ll be so hurt that we all went to class, without even telling her, especially me. This is the last day I had to spend with her, and I’m spending it in a stupid class instead of with her. I can’t even pay attention, it’s useless being here.

“What time did you say her flight was?” I asked Calum, anxious that she would have to leave soon. It was the last class of the day and I couldn’t wait to bust through that door and run to her, literally.

“Three,” he answered. It was almost one, which meant she would be leaving soon, since you have to get there a couple hours early.

*

Once everyone was out of their class, we sprinted to the dorm and up to the room.

Calum opened the door to reveal an empty room.

My heart shattered into a thousand pieces, then put itself back together so it could tear apart again.

I dropped to my knees and began to sob, not caring what any of them thought.

“Luke, it’ll be okay,” Ashton bent down and rubbed my back.

“No,” I cried, “It won’t! I didn’t even get to say goodbye!”

“Luke, I-“

“Shut up! I knew I shouldn’t have gone to class today,” I screamed. I rocked back and forth like a baby and pounded my fists into the floor.

“Get up,” Kristina commanded.

I ignored her.

“Get the fuck up, I’ll take you to the airport, if we hurry, we can still make it,” she bitched, but once I realized what she was offering, I pounced up and flew to the parking lot.

“I’m coming Bri, I’m coming,” I said under my breath, praying that we would make it on time.

Last chapter had the most votes i've ever gotten, keep it up and i will update every day again! I really appreciate it! thank you all for everything! I love you guys so much!

22k reads is amazing, dont forget to vote and comment!

If you noticed, i shortened the title to Fall, since simple names stick, i dont know if im changing the cover too, or leaving it as fall for you! just thought i'd let you know, in case you were confused! :)