Chapter 38

Sorry this chapter isn't the best but it's needed and i wanted to get something up for you guys while i make the next chapter because it's going to be very long!

Luke’s POV

We spent the entire night together last night, but when morning came, she left me. She wanted to get to the restaurant to try and get her job back before they filled her position.

I decided to go to the station and pay off the fine from the airport. It’s such bullshit. I guarantee you if the security were females, I would have left that day free of charge. They would have found it ‘romantic’ and I didn’t really do anything wrong.

I’m just lucky they didn’t give me community service like they originally planned.

I guess it was a good time to call everyone up and tell them the good news about Bri.

I called Michael first, since he and Bri were always pretty close.

“How’re you holding up?” he asked the moment he answered my call.

“Amazing,” I said with a smile, even though he could see me.

“Well that’s a bit strange considering the circumstances,” he said slowly and confused.

I laughed, “That’s actually what I called about, you see-“

“Did you move on already? Are you going to tell me that you really never cared about her and you just wanted to fuck her like we all originally thought and you’re happy now that she’s off your hands?” he yelled.

“Uh, no,” I said, coughing awkwardly.

“Oh, oops.”

“Yeah…” I continued, “anyway… she’s still here.”

“What?” he screamed so loud I had to pull the phone away from my ear unless I wanted to go deaf.

“Yeah, I made it in time and when her mother saw us, she changed her mind. I guess she was just a bitter lady who was scared of her daughter getting her heartbroken the same way she had,” I explained.

“She thought you would leave her like her father did? That’s ridiculous,” Michael scoffed.

“Well I see where she was coming from; she was trying to protect her. Regardless, I’m just glad she’s staying,” I said giddily.

“Does Kristina know?” he asked quietly.

“No, you’re the first one I called, why?” I asked.

“I’m with her right now, can I tell her?” he asked.

I heard Kristina’s voice in the background ask, “Tell me what?”

I laughed and nodded, but quickly realized he couldn’t see me and replied, “Yeah, I have to call everyone else so I’ll talk to you later.”

“Bye,” he said before the line went dead.

I continued to call Calum, Ashton, and Cat.

It felt weird not calling Sydney, but I just couldn’t do it.

Bri’s POV

Daisy and Matt were shocked to see me show up at work, but they were extremely happy to see me, as I was with them.

I got my job back and apologized for the inconvenience.

I ran into Cat when I stopped at the store on my way home. She was excited to see me, but she already knew I was still here since Luke had called her no longer than a half hour ago.

“Can I talk to you about something?” she asked nervously.

“Yeah,” I answered, growing scared by the minute, she stayed quiet for a little while. She seemed to be trying to figure out how to say something.

“Okay,” she finally said. She took a deep breath and continued, “Sydney didn’t do what you think she did, she-”

“Really?” I asked.

“Please let me finish,” she begged.

“Have you been talking to her? It’s not my position to tell you who you can and can’t talk to, but you’ve been saying you haven’t…”

“Yeah, but that’s not the point here. She helped Aleisha by convincing you to move in with Luke, but she had no idea that Aleisha’a intentions were harmful. She told Sydney she felt bad for what she did and she thought that Syd should get you to move in with Luke,” Cat explained quickly without taking a breath.

“So then why did my mom know Sydney’s name? And you know if Calum finds out that you lied to him he’s going to be pissed, right?”

“Aleisha must’ve made a fake email or hacked Sydney’s. Look, I know neither one of us has known her for that long, but I can tell when someone’s innocent and when someone isn’t, not to say what she did was innocent, but she’s being framed and she was set up. Not only did she lose all of her friends over this, but she lost her boyfriend too, and it’s really affected her, she’s in a bad place right now and I promised her I would help her out of it,” she ranted.

I don’t see why Cat would be making this up, except for the fact that she’s been lying to us for the past two weeks about where she has been. “I need to think about this, and talk to Luke. Trust me, we want to believe she didn’t do it, but it’s not adding up. Plus, it’s a little hard to believe you when you just admitted to lying to me and the rest of us about where you’ve been for the past couple of weeks.”

“I understand,” she sighed. “But please, just give her a chance and think about what I just told you.”

“I will,” I said honestly. “You should try and prove Aleisha did it though, set her up the same way she supposedly set Sydney up.”

The more votes and comments i get the faster the updates will come, just saying :p