Chapter 45

So so so so sorry it took so long to update! Like 30 of you didn't vote so I spent time editing the chapter, thinking maybe I did a shitty job on it, and I'm pretty sick so I haven't been feeling up to writing! Please keep voting guys, it means so much to me! :-)

Bri’s POV

Finally, my painfully long shift was over and I couldn’t be more excited to go home and eat dinner with Luke.

I drove to the apartment a little faster than I should have, but I was starving and I couldn’t wait to see Luke. We hadn’t really been able to see each other much these past few days due to our little fight and his run in with alcohol.

I opened the door to find our apartment filled with our friends on the couch. Cat and Calum were cuddling on one side of the couch while Ashton and Sydney were doing the same on the opposite side. Michael, Kristina, and Luke were sat on tons of pillows and blankets scattered on the floor and all of them had their attention on the TV. So much for our dinner together…

“What’s going on here?” I asked, trying to get their attention to me.

“Oh, hey Bri,” Luke smiled, patting the spot next to him on the floor.

I shook my head, “I need to change first, and I’m starving.”

“I think there’s some pizza left in the kitchen,” he waved me off, putting his attention back on the TV.

I nodded even though he wasn’t looking and walked over to the box of pizza, which was empty. I sighed, grabbing a box of mac and cheese from the cabinet and set it on the counter. I put a pot of water on the stove to boil while I changed out of my uniform.

By the time I was done, the water was boiling so I poured in the macaroni and waited while it cooked.

“How was work?” Kristina asked, coming in behind me.

“Tiring,” I answered.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

“Yeah, I guess. I don’t know, I’m just tired and hungry,” I shrugged.

“Why don’t you come sit with us? We are starting another movie in a couple minutes,” she offered.

“I’m making myself dinner since there wasn’t any pizza left…” I faded out, signaling to the cooking pasta. “When did you guys get here?”

“I think right after you left for work, Luke invited us over to apologize for everything and we decided to watch a movie and then we got hungry, so we ended up just staying here all day and Luke invited us to spend the night,” she explained. “But obviously if you don’t want us to, we can leave.”

“No, no. You guys stay,” I smiled. “I’m just feeling a little under the weather so I think I’m just going to stay in my room.”

She nodded before leaving the kitchen to join everyone back for the next movie. Luke hadn’t kissed me like he always does when I come home, he barely acknowledged me when I came home.

When my dinner was finally ready, I grabbed a spoon and a water bottle before going to the bedroom to eat.

I fell asleep soon after I finished eating, and not once did Luke come to check on me, no one did.

*

I woke up, the bed feeling lonely without Luke cuddled up next to me. I frowned to myself and rolled over to check my phone.

I had a text from Daisy, asking if I wanted to go out to breakfast with her and Matt, so I called her and she said she could pick me up in a half hour.

I quietly tiptoed across the hall to the bathroom so I could shower and get ready. After, I sat in the kitchen waiting for Daisy to text me that she was here, and when she did, I quietly left, careful not to wake anyone up.

Luke’s POV

I woke to the sound of the apartment door closing. I looked around me and everyone was still here, it must’ve been Bri.

I first thought she might’ve gone to work, but the restaurant doesn’t open until lunch time and there were no classes until next week due to holiday.

I waited twenty minutes, thinking maybe she went to pick up bagels for all of us since there was a bagel shop down the street, but when she still hadn’t returned I grew worried.

I called her cell a couple of times, but she didn’t answer.

Did she leave me? I know that she was mad about the fight and the whole accident with the alcohol, but we got past that, or so I thought.

I kept calling, until she finally picked up.

“Luke, why have you called me thirty times in the past ten minutes? Relax,” she sighed as she picked up the phone.

“I was worried,” I admitted. “Where are you?”

“You weren’t worried last night when I came home not feeling well, you barely even said hi to me,” she spoke into the phone, and I could feel the hurt in her voice.

“I’m sorry; I was caught up in the movie,” I apologized.

“That’s not really an excuse, but whatever,” she grumbled.

“Someone’s feisty today,” I laughed, but suddenly regretted it when she didn’t laugh too. “Where are you?”

“Out to breakfast with Daisy and Matt,” she answered.

My blood boiled at the thought of her with Matt. She was obviously mad at me, I could hear it in her voice and by the way she was talking to me. She had turned to him while I was here with all of our friends. I know Daisy was there, but she was the one who originally set up Matt and Bri.

“Come home soon, I miss you,” I pouted, trying to break her barrier.

“I’ll come back when I’m done,” she said before hanging up.

Why can’t things just go back to normal already? Why do I keep fucking up with her?

Vote and comment please :)