Chapter 32

Sorry it took so long to update, i've been planning this chapter for a long time and i just wanted it perfect. 

Luke’s POV

After spending the night at Calum’s, I went back to my apartment to see Bri. When I got there, I searched the entire place and she was nowhere to be found. Just as I began to worry about her, I saw a note on the coffee table.

“Hey Luke, I had another shift at work, sorry I forgot to tell you, see you when I get home,” I read the note aloud before crinkling it up and tossing it in the trash.

Having the whole place to myself, I decided to do something nice for her. I called my mom and she agreed to help me out.

I began to clean the apartment while I waited for her to arrive, and once she did, I showed her to the kitchen where she began to cook a fancy dinner for the both of us. I ran to the store next door and bought a red tablecloth, some candles, and a dozen roses from the florist across the street.

By the time I had finished setting the table, the dinner was finished and it smelt amazing.

“Thanks mom,” I said before hugging her.

“Anytime honey,” she smiled, pulling away from the hug. “She seems like a lovely girl.”

“She is,” I boasted.

“You really like her, don’t you?” she asked as she sat down on one of the bar stools at the counter.

“Yeah,” I admitted, blushing a bit.

“I’m glad you finally moved on and found someone that makes you happy,” she nodded.

“As much as I love you and hate to be rude, Bri should be back soon and I really want her to think I did this all by myself so if you wouldn’t mind leaving…” I trailed off. I didn’t want to be rude, but the clock was ticking.

She raised her hands in defense, “Fine, fine. I’ll leave.” She laughed, letting me know she wasn’t offended. “Just make sure you two visit me soon.”

“We will,” I assured her.

She hurried out the door with a final goodbye and I quickly looked over myself in the mirror, checking my hair and my clothes.

“Luke, I’m home,” Bri called.

I ran out of the bedroom, hoping to catch her face when she saw the dinner, but I was too late.

“Did you- did you do all this?” she stuttered, her jaw practically on the ground.

“Yeah,” I mumbled shyly.

“Wow,” she breathed.

“Do you like it?” I asked nervously. I could tell she was surprised, shocked even, but I couldn’t tell if she was happy or not.

“Luke, I love it,” she smiled. “Thank you.”

“I love you,” I said.

“I love you too,” she said back before adding, “How long did this take?”

“All day, I got home pretty early because Calum went over to Cat’s to meet her family,” I answered.

“They’re getting pretty serious, huh?” she asked with a giggle.

“I guess so,” I shrugged, laughing with her.

I hugged her tightly and as I was about to kiss her, there was a loud and impatient knock on the door.

“I’ll get it, hold on a second,” I smiled, running over to the door.

I opened the door to find a very angry woman, someone I’ve never seen before.

“Luke, who is it?” she asked curiously, slowly walking over to the door.

“I don’t-”

“Mother?” she asked, interrupting me.

I looked from the woman to Bri, then back to the woman. I don’t know how I didn’t see it before, they look identical, besides the obvious age difference.

“Bri, you have a lot of explaining to do,” she said sternly as she crossed her arms.

“How did you even find me?” she asked, shaking her head.

Her mother rudely pushed passed me and walked inside our apartment, avoiding Bri’s question.

“Why are you living here, with a boy, who I assume is your boyfriend, when I had a strict no-boyfriend rule?” she asked behind gritted teeth.

“Who told you?” Bri asked, mocking her mother’s tone.

“Some girl contacted me under the name of Sydney,” she answered.

What? Why would Sydney tell her that?

“Are you sure her name wasn’t Aleisha?” I asked, trying to figure out if she had messed up the name.

“No, it was Sydney. I have a perfect memory,” she said rudely. How the hell was Bri so sweet and loving if she came from a woman like that?

Vote and comment!

What do you think about Sydney contacting Bri's mom?

Do you think it was really Sydney who did it, or was it Aleisha?

Let me know what you think of the story so far!