Chapter 61

Hey guys, here's the newest chapter! Thanks for the incredible support that you have all been giving me! You're comments and messages on here, Twitter, and Kik are all so sweet and they all make my day. I try and respond to everyone :)

Quick thank you for 300k reads, that's insane, I love all f you so so so so much! :) You're votes and comments mean the world to me and I cannot thank you enough! 

Bri’s POV

I wasn’t ready. I knew that the moment I saw his perfect face I’d forgive him, just like I always do. It’s a bad habit of mine, and due to it, I am nowhere near getting the apologies I deserve. He thinks he doesn’t need to apologize if I come back anyway.

I took a deep breath and quickly entered the building and headed to class. I kept my eyes glued to the floor to avoid seeing him. I don’t know for sure if he even came to classes today, I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t. Now that I think about it, he never really comes to classes all that often.

I regretted coming late the moment I stepped through the doors. I had a limited choice of seating and didn’t feel like scanning around the room for more options, just in case I made eye contact with Luke. I walked along the back row and sat down in the first empty seat I came across.

I decided to record the class with my voice recorder on my phone, since in every class so far, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t focus. This class had to of been the hardest for me to latch onto. I was never good at memorizing dates or names of people associated with wars and events in history, and learning it from a completely different point of view and curriculum, it really didn’t help.

I sat there just staring at the floor, blanking out every now and then, for the entire class.

Luke’s POV

I sat watching the door, waiting for her to come. And when she did, I felt the wind get knocked out of me. She walked in, looking almost like a zombie. She looked physically and emotionally drained, because of me. Her skin was paler than usual, her eyes were glued to the floor, she looked like she was just a shell, like there was no life behind her seemingly flawless exterior. Even like this she still looked perfect. She hadn’t noticed I was staring at her, but I couldn’t help but wish she looked up at me. I wanted her to see the embarrassing bags under my eyes. I wanted her to see how dull, flat, and lifeless my hair looked. I wanted her to see how my blue eyes looked very grey today. I wanted her to see my tear stained cheeks, but mostly, I just wanted her to see me, that I was hurting too. That I regretted what I had done.

I wanted to tell her I was sorry again, but because I know her too well, she would just sit there without looking at me and say that I was only sorry because I got caught.

I don’t know what to do, but I can’t keep breaking her heart.

I know she’d probably be better off without me, but I’m not better off without her. She is the reason I went for help. I wanted to get better; for her. She makes me want to be a better person.

"You’re crazy," I smile and shake my head at her, but she just throws her head back laughing.

"Come on, Luke, it’ll be fun," she says, smiling at me. "Please?”

I sigh and give in. Lately, I’ve found myself falling more and more in love with her and I always give in to her ridiculous ideas. I’m addicted to the sound of her laugh, the touch of her skin, the taste of her lips. I don’t even think she knows what she does to me, but she definitely has my heart. All she has to do is look at me with those beautiful eyes and I’d do anything for her, like go jump in the pool with all our clothes at one in the morning.

It’s probably not the smartest of her ideas since it was pretty chilly without the sun out, but I felt her hand grab mine, tugging me toward the edge of the pool and the beautiful sound of her laugh makes me forget about the temperature.

She scampers up to the very edge, dipping her foot in the water. I watch her while I slip my shoes off.The wind tugs at the fabric of our clothes and blows her hair behind her shoulders. I’d be lying if I said she didn’t look breathtaking, but I shake my head to clear my thoughts and join her at the edge.

“I hope we don’t wake your mom,” she laughs and leans her head back onto my chest and I place a sweet kiss on her neck. We were staying at my mom’s for the weekend; she invited us so she could spend some time to really get to know Bri. They’ve only met a couple times prior to this.

"You’re crazy, you know that?" I say.

"Life’s no fun if you’re not crazy?" She smirks.

She jumps into the pool, feet first and I follow her. The water’s absolutely freezing, I don’t know what the hell made her think that this would be fun, but with her by my side, I don’t complain.

She screams and I quickly cover her mouth.

“Be quiet, you’re going to wake up this entire neighborhood,” I warned her, laughing.

“Good,” she said, sticking her tongue out at me. I noticed her bottom lip trembling, so I pulled her body as close to mine as I could.

I found myself reminiscing on all our good times throughout the class, and when it finally came time for the end of class, I found myself unable to move. She finally looked up, and we were now staring at each other.

Please vote and comment :) I love you all

Twitter: @sillystringluke

Kik: @danielleroseromano

:)