After breakfast I leave the dining room. I get pulled into the drawing room. I see its Grant.

"Who was that" he asks. "Who is who" I ask. "The guy you were sitting with at breakfast" Grant says. "My brother Jonathan" I answer. "I never knew you had a brother" he says. "A lot of people don't" I say. "When we were dating and I would go to your apartment I never saw him" Grant says. "That's because then he didn't live with me, mom, and Luke. When our parents got divorced before I was born, I lived with my mom and he was with our dad" I say. I mean its not a total lie. Jonathan never lived with me, mom, and Luke. I'm not going to tell him anything else about Jonathan's past. "Oh" Grant says. "Yeah" now if you will excuse me I think you have training with my brother" I say. "Oh yeah" he says and leaves.

I head in the opposite direction. I go to Graces nursery. I change her diaper. She stares at me while I change her diaper. When I am done I heave her on the changing table and look through her closet for something to change her into for today. I find her a cute little dress that is yellow and white. I think it was a gift she got from either a shadowhuner or downworlder, I don't remember. I put a little headband on her head that has a bow on it. She is very yellow and very cute today. I pick her back up and set her in her crib. I smile at her before I heave her nursery.

                 I go upstairs to my bedroom

I go upstairs to my bedroom. I look for something to change into before I have to put a dress on for the ceremony. It would be a lot easier deciding which dress to choose if Jace would help me but I don't think he will. I will just have to pick one myself. Or maybe I could ask Jonathan. I start looking through my closet. I find a skirt and a purple shirt. I put that on. I choose some purple and white flats.

          I go back downstairs and get Grace

I go back downstairs and get Grace. I pick her up. She starts cooing and making baby sounds. She is so cute. I take her and walk around the castle.

I go over to the office and open the door. Jace is in here as always. "You remember today we have the ascension ceremony right" I ask. "Yeah I know" he says not looking up from his papers. Grace makes noise and reaches for Jace. He finally looks up at her.

He takes her from me and sits back down.  This is the first time in forever that I have seen him hold her or show any sort of attention to her. "You look so cute today baby" he says of course talking to Grace.