Kol

You and your parent die in a house fire but you come back as a vampire

"The Christmas lights are in the attic, Y/N. You know this." My dad chuckled while stirring the spaghetti sauce, I am always amazed at how forgetful you are."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, Dad. I wouldn't be like this without your genes."

"Hey, your mother is the forgetful one!"

"Y/D/N, you forgot your credit card in your pocket. I would've washed it!" My mom jogged up the basement stairs.

I looked at my dad with raised brows and he sighed, "Honey, I didn't actually forget them. I put them there so I could...so I could, um-"

"It's okay to be wrong sometimes, sweetie." My mom pecked my dad's cheek and I nearly threw up.

"My cue to leave!" I rushed up the stairs to the attic, laughing.

My parents were my world. I was so similar to both of them that it made it easy for people to know who were parents at a gathering. We told the same jokes and stories, not to mention I looked like the perfect mixture of both of them.

I squinted trying to find the light in the attic before finding it and instantly sneezing from the dust that fell from the swinging bulb.

I knew that the light wouldn't be enough for the corners of the attic so I turned the flashlight on my phone on and got to work, looking through bins and bags for the lights and decorations.

Christmas was my favorite time of the year, not to mention this was my second one with Kol.

Kol Mikaelson, my everything.

I met Kol three years ago but we didn't start dating until two years ago, he actually started out hating me.

A story for later, though.

I had just seen him yesterday when I came by to decorate his room, putting a small tree in the corner with light up bulbs. He had even surprised me with ornaments that had pictures of us inside them.

I had fell from on top of the counter as we baked cookies and he insisted that I drink some of his blood when I sprained my wrist.

I didn't think much of it because it would cause the pain and increase of injury to cease.

He insisted that I stay with him but I wanted to be with my parents to help them decorate. And of course, he understood.

I sneezed three times in a row, causing my body to shake and a giggle to escape my mouth afterwards.

When I tried to stand, I used a piece of wood, hanging from the ceiling that I had no idea was rotting and when it collapsed on my head it broke my neck instantly.

*

Kol POV

"I'm heading over there right now and you're not going to stop me!"

"Rebekah!" I yelled and held her against the wall, "Do not." I growled out.

She plunged her knee into my manhood and kicked my back into the ground with her heels on.

I groaned before grabbing her ankle and causing her to fall onto her hands and knees, "Kol, you idiot!"

"What is going on in here?" Elijah tucked his handkerchief back into his breast pocket.

"Rebekah is being a tattletale."

Rebekah scoffed, "How old are you?"

Elijah rolled his eyes and fixed his collar, "What is the problem?"