Stefan

He has to choose whether to save you or Elena

I didn't expect for today to turn out anything like it did.

I was supposed to catch up on schoolwork then meet up with my best friend, Stefan at the grill.

Instead I was met with a pack of werewolves holding me captive to get to Klaus.

Klaus knew that Stefan had the biggest crush on me but I was oblivious. Making the wolves think that he didn't care, he even sacrificed Stefan's old flame, Elena Gilbert.

Now, Stefan stood before us both with two werewolves on either side of me and Elena, a stake to her heart and a knife to my neck.

"Stefan..."

"Stefan!!"

"Y/N!" He lunged forward but when they pressed the knife harder, he stopped.

"Stef! I don't want to die!" Elena cried out.

I stood completely still, eyes closed and trying to keep my heartbeat steady.

I repeated to myself over and over again that I was ready to die and that I would be reunited with my mom and I was going to be at peace.

"I'm ready, Stefan." I said.

"No! No, Y/N! I choose her! Don't kill her!"

"Stefan, no!! Don't kill Elena! Stop! Kill me! Kill me! Stefan, I'm ready. If you little dogs don't kill me right now then I swear to god."

"Ahh, always the brave one, little Y/N." Klaus appeared from the shadows.

"Ahh, always the one behind it all, the big, bad Niklaus." I gulped as the knife was shoved higher because of my tone towards him.

"You guys are trying to get to Klaus but are trying to kill me because how I'm talking to him. Pick a side! And I recommend the winning one." I rolled my eyes.

Honestly, I was bold and in a situation like this...well, that was the opposite of what I needed.

"This girl sure has a big ass mouth...I think we need to shut her up." A werewolf sneered, sitting me down and strapping me to a chair.

"Oh, for fucks sake." I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry for getting you in this mess." Stefan looked down and shook his head, sadly.

"Stefan, it's fine. Seriously, just save Elena. Klaus won't have me killed." I winked at Klaus and watched him shift uncomfortably.

"Y/N..."

"Stefan! I'm not ready go die!" Elena cried out and the stake was pushed further.

"Oh, someone shut her up! I'm in the same situation, doll. Do you see me playing the victim? Noooo, you're just used to that shit but you actually need to cut it out, it's not cute anymore." I shrugged.

Klaus watched amused, Stefan watched with a wide mouth and Elena cried softly.

"Can we go yet?! Get this on with! Kill me already! You're prolonging this shit, honestly jus- Shit!" They stabbed me in the leg.

"Y/N!"

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I muttered through clenched teeth.

"Pick now, Stefan." Klaus said.

"I have to choose Y/N."

"Great! Kill Y/N."

"No! Don't kill her! Save her!"

"Stef-"

The knife was plunged into my stomach.

The wolves dispersed and Elena zoomed away.

Klaus laughed and left as well.

"I️t burns, Stef..."

"Burns?"

"Pull it out."

"Y/N-"

"Pull it out!"

He slid the knife out of my stomach and I almost collapsed to the ground.

"Do it, Stefan." I croaked.

"Do wha- No! I'm not turning you, Y/N."

"I'll be at peace with my mom...goodbye Ste-" I gave up trying to argue, I was going to die and I didn't want to spend my last moments fighting with my best friend.

"Drink."

He bit into his wrist and shoved it into my mouth.

At first I was shocked but soon gripped his wrist and began to drink. Since he was a vampire it was kind of sweet but from what I heard, being a vampire and sucking human blood would be bliss.

"See you soon, Y/N."

Then he cracked my neck.