Klaus

You find out about Hayley

"Hey baby!" I threw my bag onto the couch and hugged Klaus.

He stiffened and didn't hug back, "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, Y/N...so sorry."

"Sorry? For what?" I walked over to my bag and got out all my homework, "Come sit, we can talk."

He shook his head and his eyes watered, I got up immediately and put my hands on his cheeks, turning his head to look at me, "Klaus, what happened?"

"Just know that I love you. I always have and I'm afraid that I always will."

"Okay...Klaus, you know that I love you too. I'll always love you no matter what. You were my first love after all and my last, you doofus." I lightly punched his arm.

"Hayley is pregnant."

"Oh my gosh! No way, I have to congratulate her!"

"No, you are missing the point, Y/N."

I looked at him with pure confusion written across my face.

"She is pregnant with my child."

At that moment it felt like the world stopped spinning...like my world stopped spinning.

I couldn't believe that Klaus would betray me and my trust like that, after everything we had been through I would have thought that we would be together forever.

But it was bound to happen, I can never be happy.

"I'm just...I'm going to go. Please don't come looking for me, I'm leaving New Orleans. For good."

"Y/N, you need to understand that this was a mistake, a tremendous mistake."

"I know it was and so do you. Which is why we both need time, I don't want to give you false hope by staying here because I know that I'll give in. So, I need to go. I love you but I can't be with you after you've done this." I shook my head and let the tears fall freely.

"Y/N, I am nothing without you." He grabbed my wrist gently and I admit that I will miss his touch, his lips, his hugs, his stubble and his mesmerizing eyes but I can't think too much about these things.

"For starters, you'll be a father." I spat.

He let go of my wrist and looked away, I sighed.

"Goodbye, Niklaus." I kissed his cheek but he pulled me closer and into a passionate kiss, taking me by complete surprise.

"Stay." He whispered against my lips, forehead against mine.

"You know that I cannot." I shook my head and lifted my bag onto my shoulders and walked out of the compound, devastated.

I heard Niklaus yell out and glass breaking.

And I felt my heart breaking into a million pieces.