Matt

He throws you a surprise birthday party

"So, what do you want to do for your birthday tomorrow?" Matt played with my belly button piercing while I laid across his lap, watching television.

"Drink bleach."

"Y/N!"

"A joke, Donovan. Like a pill, learn how to take one." I punched his shoulder, lightly and laughed.

"Not funny." He muttered.

"Aw, lighten up, babe." I grabbed his face in my hands and kissed his lips.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me onto his lap.

"I love you." He whispered.

"Sickening." I slid off of him and turned to watch tv.

"Why am I even dating you?" He threw his head back against the couch.

I gasped, "Wow, if you want to break up the-"

"Y/N, I'm not in the mood."

"If you want to-"

"We're never breaking up. I don't care what happens, me and you are forever. I'm never going to leave you, Y/N."

I blushed and tried to cover my face by wiping away fake tears, "Truly inspiring! You must love this girl."

"Y/N, I hate you." He chuckled and threw a pillow at my head.

I turned to him and smirked, "Oh, you asked for it."

The night ended with a pillow fight and a little cuddling, which is so much better than sleeping alone.

I woke up to an empty bed and a still apartment.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned, swinging my legs over the side of my bed and shuffling to the bathroom.

The sound of my phone vibrating snapped me out of my still half-asleep daze.

"Y/N!"

I cringed at how loud Caroline's voice was.

"That is I."

"Happy birthday!"

"Much thanks, I gotta go now."

"Wai-"

I hung up and tossed my phone onto my bed before getting ready in the bathroom.

I walked downstairs for some breakfast and saw a picture of Matt and I on the refrigerator, which made me think about where he was and why he had left.

It was my birthday, I wanted to wake up to him but he wasn't even there.

I shook my head, lightly, to clear my thoughts and started to eat my bagel.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I ignored it until it stopped but almost immediately after, it started up again.

I grumbled and picked up the phone, "What?" I snapped.

"I'm on my way to pick you up."

"Elena, no...Hello? Hello?!" I tossed the phone onto the table and threw away the plastic plate I was eating on.

I plopped on the couch and waited for the knock to signal that Elena had arrived.

When it came, I flung open the door to Elena and Caroline.

I rolled my eyes at how happy they looked, "I'm getting my jacket, you don't have to come in."

I locked the door behind me and trudged to Damon's car that he had let Elena borrow. I was truly surprised that he would ever let her drive it but I guess that's what being inlove gets you.

"Where are we going?" I asked from the backseat.

"Shopping!"

I groaned, "Is this a joke?"

"You don't want to shop?"

"Hell no!"

"Then what do you want to do?"

Be with Matt.

"I don't know." I looked out of the window with my chin in my palm.

"We can just go to the Grill if you want?"

"Yeah."

When we arrived, it looked like all the lights were off and I stopped, "Well, it looks like they're closed so can we just go back to my place?"

"Jer said he was opening up soon, we can just wait for him." Elena said, not stopping.

I squinted at the building and shrugged.

Catching up to them, they halted outside of the doors, "Go ahead, Y/N. I have to tell Caroline something."

I raised a brow, "Something you can't say in front of me?"

"Do you really want to know?"

I shook my head.

"It's about your birthday present, now go." Caroline shooed me off.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, you think Jeremy will mind if I make myself a drink? Oh wait, I don't care."

I swung open the door, laughing at my joke.

When the lights flashed on and everyone yelled 'surprise', I cried out and held a hand on my mouth and chest.

"Oh my- You guys are so done for!" I laughed and greeted everyone.

"Hey, babe." Matt hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Hi." I smiled at him and pecked his lips.

He pressed the back of my head closer to him and made the kiss more passionate until someone cleared their throat.

"I get it's your birthday and all but we really don't want to see that."

"Damon, fuck off."

He held up his hands in defense and chuckled.

"You ready for your cake?" Caroline asked, linking arms with Tyler.

"Yeah." I grinned and walked towards the table with the cake. I stuck my finger in the icing and sucked it off, "Tasty."

Everyone laughed.

The party went on and on through the afternoon, night and the early hours of the morning.

I had passed out on the bar and I guess no one planned on waking me up because when I did, they were still partying.

My head was pounding and I felt myself drifting in and out of focus, I just wanted to sleep.

"Y/N."

I rolled to the side and heard a yell before I fell off the bar, "Shit!"

That definitely woke me up.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Enzo asked me, helping me up as I held my head.

"I'm fine. I need a drink."

"You've had enough, baby." Matt placed his hand on the small of my back and led me to a booth.

"Get the girl some water." Damon danced with Elena to no music.

Jeremy came back with a tall glass of ice water.

I sipped it and it only made my head throb more because of how cold it was but it felt good; better than alcohol.

I rested my head on Matt's shoulder.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"This," I motioned around the Grill, "This party, being here with me, loving me."

He held my chin and lifted my head up, kissing me, "You don't need to thank me."

"Can we get out of here?" I trailed my hand down his chest and to the waistband of his pants.

His eyes widened, "Ye- Yeah, we can go now."

"Good." I smirked and we slipped out the back of the Grill.