Damon

You move and he can't cope without you

"Why are you so quiet?" Damon patted the back of my thigh while he laid his head on my ass.

"I have to tell you something but I don't want to ruin right now...that's all."

"Well now you have to tell me." He sat up and gently turned my jaw towards him, "Come on, talk to me, Y/N. You know I love you."

"That's the problem," I sat up and crossed my legs, "The problem is that you and I? We're so inlove that this is going to destroy both of us."

Damon squinted at me, "Spit it out already."

"I'm moving. Away. With my family."

"Where?"

"Italy. My grandfather is sick and-"

"So why are you moving? You can't just visit?" Damon stood up and ran his hands through his hair, "No, no you're staying. You're staying here with me. You can see your grandfather but you'll come back and live with me. You're not leaving me, Y/N."

"I don't want to but...we can't just leave our grandmother there if he..."

"Y/N! You're not listening! You're not staying!"

"Damon, I have to. I don't want to and I know that you can tell. I'm trying to be as mature as I can about this but you're making it really hard."

"Mature? You want to mature when you're leaving me? I'll never meet anyone like you again, Y/N. In all the years that I'm living, I will never love anyone the way I love you." He shook his head, "You're breaking my heart, Y/N."

I put my face in my hands, looking up at Damon with mascara running down my face, "You're an asshole, Damon. You're not even thinking about me! You have no idea how I feel because you keep going on and on about-"

"Y/N! I love you! I can't breathe without you, I can't function. You make this life worth living, I don't want to hear what you have to say because that'll just make it real. Too real."

I wiped my nose and walked away from him, "I'm leaving tonight. Come to the park...one last time."

"I can't." He whispered.

"Can I at least have a goodbye kiss?" I tried.

He sped over to me and grabbed both sides of my face, kissing me with so much passion that I could have fell over.

"I love you." He wrapped his arms around my waist and cried into my hair.

"Damon, you're making this harder."

"I don't mean to...I'm sorry." He pulled away and stared at me.

"I just want to remember everything." He sighed and nodded.

"Goodbye, Damon. I will always love you."

"I will always love you, Y/N. If you need anything, you know where to find me." He motioned around the boarding house and I nodded, "Of course."

I closed the door after blowing a final kiss to him.

It's been five months since I've seen Damon and I've had no choice but to ignore all his texts and calls because I don't want to get his hopes up, or even my own.

I talk to Bonnie occasionally and Stefan still tries to reach out to me but since we've never be close, I know it's for his brother.

It hasn't been easy...not at all. I miss him everyday, it's like I'm missing a part of myself. Almost as though, I'm not Y/N anymore and everyone that knows me can tell.