Jeremy

You both have a bad day and argue but end the day happily

I slammed the door shut and jumped on the couch, "Fuck! Could this day get any worse?"

I ran my hands through my hair a couple times out of frustration and then stalked into the kitchen for a drink.

Jeremy still wasn't home and that gave me a chance to try and calm down as much as I could.

When I was angry, I couldn't really control myself and the words that would come out of my mouth; usually resulting in hurt feelings in the people around me.

Jeremy was one of the few people that could calm me down, which was only one of the many, many reasons why I was so inlove with him.

Today at work, I was called out by Stefan and Damon to look for Elena. When I went off on them for pulling me out of work all they could was just get mad at me right back.

*

"You guys only care about Elena and no other person in this world matters except for her! But you guys are wrong! There are other people too, people like me that are tired of having to drop everything to help her! I'm working. I have to pay bills and put food on the table, make sure that I have a roof over my head, and clothes to wear. So, let me get back to it and don't ever call me to help Elena again. Tell her I said 'hello' though."

I turned around, happy with myself that I finally got that off my chest, although she was my boyfriend's sister it didn't mean that I couldn't feel this way. A lot of our friends in Mystic Falls were tired of it too but none of them had the balls to say anything.

"You're such a bitch, Y/N."

I whipped around and raised a brow, I sped walked over to Damon and jabbed my finger into his chest, "I may be a bitch but you're a pussy."

"Well, well, well-"

"Damon..." Stefan warned.

"Oh, please. Let him talk." I placed my hands on my hips, "You're wasting time to get to your precious Elena, you must hurry!" I faked the sound of fear in my voice.

"You know what-"

"Yes, I do know what. And that 'what' is me getting back to work. Toodles!"

"Y/N, get your ass back over here!"

"I'm fine over here, fuck you very much." I smiled and walked back to where I worked.

*

The front door slammed and I was shaken out of my thoughts.

"Y/N, you here?"

"Yeah, I'm in the kitchen."

I heard the sound of his walking and looked towards the doorway until he was stepping through it. 

"So, we still don't have any fucking orange juice?"

"Oh, I'm drinking some. You want the rest?"

"No, I don't want the rest, you know that I like orange juice, Y/N."

"Well, shit, I can't like orange juice too?"

"This is why I don't ever want to be here!"

"What the- If you had a bad day then you could've just said that! Because guess what? I did too but you don't see me trying to pick a fight with you!"

"Oh, shut u-"

"Finish that sentence, I dare you." I said through clenched teeth.

"I said," he walked closer to me, now towering over me, "Shut. Up."

I raised my hand to slap him but he caught me by my wrist.

"You're a fucking bitch, Jeremy! Deal with your problems yourself because I'm leaving."

I snatched my hand away and rubbed my wrist, "You hurt my wrist." I whispered as I walked back into the living room.

"Baby!"

"Jeremy, don't call me that, you came in here saying that you don't ever want to be here! So, why is that? Is- Do I- Fuck you! I'm not going to start doubting myself now because you don't know what you want!"

I threw my phone and keys into my purse.

"Baby, come on. Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving. Or maybe you should since you never want to be here, right? Because you sure as hell made that clear when you said that and told me to shut up!"

"Y/N-"

"Fuck off!"

"I'm sorry! Okay, I'm fucking sorry, Y/N."

"You can be sorry, doesn't mean that I can be forgiving."

"Really, you're going to play like that?"

"Fuck yeah, I'm playing like that. Explain why you never want to be here."

"I didn't mean it!"

"You said it!"

"So?"

"So?! Are you joking?"

"You need to chill."

"Jeremy. Motherfucking. Gilbert. Tell me to 'chill' again and I will not hesitate to-"

Jeremy shut me up with a kiss, I tangled my hands in his hair and he held my face in his hands.

"I love you, Y/N. I don't want to fight, anymore."

"Me either but-"

"No, no buts. Let's just let it go."

I raised a brow and stared at him, my eyes running across his entire face and I could tell that he was sincerely sorry and wanted to start over.

"Okay."

"Are you hungry?" He walked me into the kitchen, rubbing my back.

"Yeah, I guess." I sighed, "I'll make some steak and mashed potatoes, you want corn?"

"Yeah, that sounds good, babe."

He kissed my temple and I started on the food.

*

We ate in silence until I choked on my drink, "Shit!"

Jeremy started to laugh, trying to get out words to ask if I was okay.

"Yeah, I bet that was real funny, huh?"

"Oh, come on, babe. I️t was kind of," He flinched, "Don't hit me."

Now it was my turn to laugh, "I'm not going to hit you, Jer."

"Okay, good." He looked up from his plate and smiled at me.

"I love you."

"I love you too, you're so sweet."

I leaned over and gave him a kiss, "Sometimes."