Tyler

He admits his crush on you

"Tyler Lockwood, hottest boy at Mystic High but also the biggest fuckboy."

I was walking around with a group of girls because it was my first day at this school, they were showing me around and I was grateful. I came from Puerto Rico and my accent was very strong.

"Who is that?"

"Jeremy Gilbert, Elena's brother."

I nodded and pointed out a couple other people.

We stopped outside of a classroom, "This is your third period, we'll catch you at lunch?"

"Of course." I smiled, sweetly and walked in.

"Ahh, Ms. Y/L/N. Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?"

"No, not very much." I blushed, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear as I looked down and the class erupted into laughter.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, I mean to give no disrespect, it is just tha-"

"Leave her alone, Mr. J. The girl doesn't want to speak, she doesn't have to."

A voice called from the back of the classroom.

I looked up and saw it to be Tyler Lockwood.

I locked eyes with him and nodded thankfully.

I sat in the seat in front of him since there were no others, "Wait!"

I had sat and the desk collapsed.

I yelped and fell to the ground.

"That chair is broken."

The class thundered with laughter and I grabbed my bag, fleeing from the classroom.

"Hey, wait up!" Tyler followed me, lightly jogging.

I turned around slowly and willed myself not to cry.

"Are you okay?" He stopped and bent over, catching his breath.

"I am okay, thank you for asking me." I nodded and turned around to leave.

"Wait, do you maybe want to go out sometime?"

I couldn't help the feeling I got from that one question, although I was warned that he was bad news I didn't care. He was handsome and it seemed like he cared about me.

Maybe I was being naive but I wanted to get to know him.

"Sí, I would like that." I smiled and he blinked as though in a trance before saying that he had to get back to class but that he would meet me in the parking lot after school.

"Y/N! Over here!" Tyler waved his hand as he leaned against a car that I was assuming was his.

"Hi, Tyler." I said, my accent thicker than usual.

"Hey, beautiful."

I blushed deeply and asked where we were headed once I got into the car.

"I'm taking you to the grill."

"Grill?"

"Oh, it's a restaurant type place that all of us hang out at." He looked over at me and smiled.

"Hey, watch at the road!"

"Okay, okay." He laughed.

"Hey guys, this is Y/N. She's new to town."

"I'm Matt, it's nice to see a new face."

"Hello, Matt." I shook his hand and sat at a booth across from Tyler.