Matt

You work with him at the grill

"Hey, Caroline!"

"Y/N! I found you a job!" Caroline rushed over to me and shoved a job application in my face.

"Wow, no 'hello'?" I laughed and grabbed the paper from her.

"Sorry but I'm just so excited you're here!"

I laughed and hugged her, "I'm happy to be here too. Now what is this job all about?"

"Well...there's cute guys..."

"Really, Caroline? Is that the only reason you want me to take this job, so you can hook me up with more guys?"

"No, no, not at all! But I mean if you find someone it can't be that bad, right?" She smiled and I shook my head.

"I'll fill it out now, Car."

"Great!"

"This is the uniform?"

"Yeah, it's a cute little blue shirt...with, um, the mystic grill logo!"

"Caroline, I know you hate it as much as I do so stop trying to make it seem better. This is about to be the worst job of my life." I groaned.

"No, I promise you didn't make a mistake by saying 'yes'. I swear to you that you'll love it, just give it a chance!"

"Sure." I said, sarcastically.

"Alright, lets go." She slung her purse onto her shoulder and dragged me in.

As I stumbled through the door with her, my eyes landed on a handsome boy that was at the bar.

I became nervous all of a sudden and to make matters worse, Caroline was leading me right to him.

"Matt!"

"What's up, Caroline?" He threw a towel over his shoulder and walked over to us.

"The usual, watching out for Elena and hanging out with Bonnie, loving Tyler."

"That sounds great, Car."

"Anyways, this is my little cousin, Y/N and today's her first day!"

"The shirt looks good on you, Y/N." He said and wrung the towel in his hands.

"Thanks." I smiled and looked around, "So this is the grill, huh?"

"Yeah, this is it."

"Well? Are you going to get to work or not?" Caroline smiled and nudged me lightly with her elbow.

"Um, yeah. I'll take Y/N in the back right now."

"Bye, Caroline. I'll call you when I'm done, okay?"

"Yeah, okay. Bye, Y/N!"

"Bye-"

"And, she's gone."

I laughed and followed Matt behind the bar.

"So, do you have any experience?"

"I used to be a cashier at a bakery and I was a bartender for two months but that's it."

"That's good, that's really good." He turned around and grabbed a clipboard from the shelf behind him, "We have an opening as a waitress or a bartender. It's honestly up to you, though." He looked up and into my eyes.

"I- Um- I guess-" I was speechless, I was truly mesmerized by his eyes and handsome face. Not to mention that his body was looking right too.

"The waitress." I said without thinking.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." I shook my head up and down, my hair moving with it.

"Alright, let's get started with table number...five. Right over there." He pointed and his shoulder touched mine.

He shocked my arm and I jumped back, "Oh, I'm sorry." He rubbed the part of my arm and I blushed.

"It's okay."

He nodded and continued to talk about the tables and how to take orders, lecturing me about every little thing and any situation.

"You can start now."

"Now?"

"Yeah, I trust you. You've been listening and you did good when you followed me around." He patted my shoulder and started to walk away.

I took a deep breath and began to get to work.

"You did great today, Y/N!"

"Thanks! I️t wasn't as hard as I thought it would be...but that wouldn't have happened without you, so thank you." I smiled, shyly and he looked at me seriously.

"What? Is there something on my face?"

We were eating fries together after closing time, I was afraid that there was some ketchup on my lip.

"No, no, I was just wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me sometime."

"Oh."

There was a moment of silence where I looked at him in curiosity, yeah he was cute and nice but what kind of guy was he really? I wanted to find out.

"Yeah, that would be great."