Jeremy

He has a crush on you

"Hey!" I jumped off the bottom step and next to Jeremy.

"You ready?" He chuckled.

"Of course! Off to school we go!" I flashed a thumbs up and sarcastic smile.

He rolled his eyes but kept a small smile on his face.

"So, how are your grades? I know you started going to that after school program."

"First of all, Elena made me start that and I guess they're okay."

I raised a brow at him, I worked in the office during study hall and I knew that his grades had raised, drastically.

"Fine, much better."

I grinned and kicked a rock with my shoe, "How's, um, that girl?"

"What girl?" Jeremy's head snapped up.

"No one." I said, hastily.

"Seriously, Y/N. Who?" He stopped me and touched my arm.

I laughed nervously, "No one, Jeremy. Can we just get to school?"

He nodded and we walked in a short awkward silence before I broke it.

"Look, I'm sorry. It was none of my business. I was just...curious."

"There is no girl."

"Oh, okay."

"This is a really awkward conversation."

I laughed and punched his arm, "You're the one making it awkward. You got all weird when I asked."

He swallowed hard and looked at me, "Yeah, sorry about that."

"No problem." I smiled and we kept walking.

I sat at the lunch table next to my best friend, Samantha.

"Hey Sam."

"Hey, Y/N. How's you and lover boy?"

"Lover boy?"

"Jeremy Gilbert."

"I wouldn't call him that but he's fine. He got his grades up and I'm really proud of him." I ate a bite of my sandwich and looked towards his table.

"Well, good because you know I like him." She nudged me and took a swallow of her water.

I shifted uncomfortably and smiled at her before taking another peek at Jeremy.

He caught my eye and waved, a toothy grin on his face.

I lifted the side of my mouth in a lazy smile before turning back to Samantha and her story on how she tried to give her cat a bath.

I stood outside of Jeremy's last class, chewing on my bottom lip while I waited for him to come out.

"Hey." He hoisted his bag higher on his shoulder, "What are you doing after school?"

"Cheer. And you have to go to the library for your chemistry lab."

"I know, I know." He sighed and looked around the hallways as we walked, "I'm tired of this place."

"Jer-"

"No, I'm serious. Nothing ever goes right for me, not since I came here."

"What does that mean?" I asked, quietly.

"My grades are horrible, I can't get the girl I want, I started doing drugs...My life's a mess, Y/N."

"First of all, you stopped with the drugs and that's an accomplishment. You're getting your grades up and that's good. I don't know about the girl but I'm sure you can get her. Any girl would be stupid to not see how perfect you are, Jer."